A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern drafting  (Read 20527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2005 02:17:07 PM »

... I'm all for this skirt... but $200 is ridiculous. http://www.myrebe.com/shopexd.asp?id=240
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
mayerlove
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005 08:35:50 PM »

WHO would pay 200 for that? i usually throw thing together, so this might sound shaky. i would get about three yards of the main color, and cut off a section widthwise. hazzardly wrap it around your waist, pin, take it off and sew it. take the rest of the material, gather it, and sew it to the waistband. add lace to the bottom. you could throw a zipper in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
unlikely_redhead
don't give me anythign sharp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2005 09:10:58 AM »

this is a marker-on-printer-paper lame-ass tutorial i did in three minutes, and it probably doesn't make sense, but here's my take on that "karin skirt" by my rebe:

ok, to explain what my tutorial left out:

1) cut two wasitband/yoke peices, gather them at the sides
2) install a zipper
3) hem top edge of yoke. bleh. whatever i don't know how
4) cut a wonky shaped true skirt. i don't know if the triangle would be taken from just the yoke, or the true skirt too. it's hard to tell from a picture. just do whatever.
5) gather top edge of "true skirt" (this is the largest piece)
6) attach the gathered "true skirt" to the waistabnd/yoke bottom edge.
7) cut those weird "false skirt" pieces. the second layer one looks like it's triangular shaped. basically, the missing piece of the wonky hemline of the true skirt. the other is probably a real rectangle.
Cool do yourself a favor and attach the lace in such a way, that you are actually hemming the false skirts too. trust me, it works. just think about it.
9) before you attack the lace for the true skirt, you have to fiddle and attach the false skirts and the lace at the same time. ok, that makes no sense. again, it's like attaching the lace and hemming at the same time, only there is three layers.
10) look at your knock-off skirt, and wonder why you followed this tutorial that some 19 year old who is always cussing at her own sewing skills made in three minutes before heading off to work.

Roll Eyes gee, maybe i should have tried to amek a mini-mock up of this first.

Shocked oh! yeh, make a mini mock up first. make it like, american girl-doll sized. that's how i learned to screw up--err sew-- my own clothes from wonky patterns i made myself.

show my pictures if you try to follow this.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pessimism: because i'd rather be pleasently surprised than horribly disapointed
mayerlove
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2005 11:06:45 AM »

So who wants to help me?

p 209 of Teen Vogue: patchwork dress(#27 i believe). the shape is like this: http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?styleid=2847492&category=2378467~2378483~2377032&PrevStyleID=2831564&NextStyleID=2852116
but the rest of the dress is less swing-y.

the material is patchwork, kind of like a quilt. should i sew pieces together? i think this might be too bunchy, but i'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
XOcrazy4uXO
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2005 09:01:11 AM »

***PLEASE HELP ME!!!***
thank you thank you thank you!! you are the exact type of person i've been looking for!

you might think this is super-easy and that anyone could do it, but im not good at making my own patterns so i'm hoping you'd be kind enough to help me out!

i want to make a metallic hobo bag. please search the craftster forum for "metallic hobo" and you will see a post by mingaling for a "HOT metallic hobo". (there's only a couple posts under that search). I want a pattern just like her's...she posted a tut. but nothing about the pattern.

if you could make me a pattern i'd GREATLY appreciate it!!
thnks so much   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2005 04:43:43 PM »

I'm trying to draft out this pattern, because I detest vogue patterns.

as of now, it's pretty slow going.

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8020=x&TI=20009&page=1

Edit:: Whew, question.

The whole dress is kind of a line. How do I continue that with the pleats?

It's almost like a really big circle skirt with pleats.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005 04:59:32 PM by americandemockracy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
indie33
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2005 01:03:16 PM »

I have been looking all over for either a pattern or instructions for making a ballet top/blouse. I dont have a picture but most people know what I am talking about. (capped sleeves and or boat neck) I am tall so I need shirts that are long, like reaching down to my hips..
any help...
also I was wondering how you would reconstruct it from an existing shirt...
one or the other would help, I am clueless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..liberty..
www.libertypierson.com
www.indie33.com
we support the indie arts!
JugeeShady
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2005 04:40:03 PM »

I would like the pattern to this bag right here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0 I hope you can do it because i love this bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2006 10:23:19 AM »

lol-lol : A few questions (random order, I think after I type generally)
1. Do you want it stretchy or fitted like a corset?
2. If possible can you post a larger picture or put on the annotation on computer to make it a little easier to read.
3. Is the top and skirt connected?
4. Is there significance to the zigzag across the top of the skirt piece?
5. On the shoulder bit, are the triangle/teardrop shaped bits creases or applique or holes?

I may be able to help a little if these question are answered. Whatever you come up with pattern wise, I suggest a mock up of cheap material first. I think the skirt piece may be a different shape at the bottom to what you have sketched, more sort of bloated at the end to create the train.

btw. love the design, especially with the top hat Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Notamermaid
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2006 06:16:00 AM »

I'm trying to draft out this pattern, because I detest vogue patterns.

as of now, it's pretty slow going.

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V8020=x&TI=20009&page=1

Edit:: Whew, question.

The whole dress is kind of a line. How do I continue that with the pleats?

It's almost like a really big circle skirt with pleats.

I actually have that pattern (although I didn't make that view). Its basically a LONG bodice that hits at the hip, and then you attach nice deep pleats to the circumference of the bodice bottom. Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...