A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern drafting  (Read 20524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2004 07:11:05 AM »

i'll try that, thanks... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahJo
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2004 07:22:56 AM »

Did the pattern for the rag skirt ever get posted? I've been wanting to try one but am nervous without a guide...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hanstar
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004 09:44:49 PM »

Hi:) I am a newbie from Australia:) and this site is fab (and distracting me from essays!)

I am also really interested in the rag skirt, summer is almost here and I have been wanted to sew some of these skirts for ages:)

MWA
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004 09:47:24 PM »

shade n shadow-- How did you learn to draft your own patterns and could you share some tips?

My goal is to eventually know how to make all of my own clothes but I'm still working on how to make my own patterns that fit exactly to my measurements.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
evlcuddlz
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2004 11:05:43 AM »

I've taken a fashion design class at my local community college.  Before I took the class, I had my mom get me this book as a Christmas gift.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321034236/qid=1095789813/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-3687673-5985552  It's pricey, but it IS a textbook and it happened to be the exact book we used for the class.  You could use the book without the class because the class just basically went through the book and had us following that to make our own slopers.  Once you have a well fitting sloper, you can make anything you want.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2004 07:19:08 PM »

evlcuddlz-- Thanks! I'm gonna buy that book as soon as I get some money together. Yay!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
Jailin
Jailin.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2004 03:16:22 PM »

Ok I'm a plus size female, so how would I go about making a pattern for a size 20 to a size 24? Is the pattern even useful to me if it's not my size? not exactley what the post is about sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jailin <3
mayerlove
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2004 04:12:08 PM »

I'm wondering about making a Fred anda Wilma (from The Flintstones) for my boyfriend and I. I dont want it to be too frumpy looking. If you could help that would be great. (I have 3 yards of white material and 3 yards of orange so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
mayerlove
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2004 04:14:00 PM »

Oh yeah, and I also have about 2 yards of white tulle (I think that's what it's called)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2005 11:06:39 AM »

Are you near completing the rag skirt pattern? Don't mean to sound rude but would love to know how to make it and some of the links didn't work. If you have any spare time would also love to know how to make a skirt like the bottom of half (don't mind how top of skirt done) this:

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...