A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,839
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern drafting  (Read 20411 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
shade_n_shadow
The Jones.

teh knowledge- it fills me- IT IS NEAT!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2004 11:07:39 AM »

ok- here I am with this skill pretty much down pat- I draft a TON of my own patterns, mostly because I can never find exactly what I'm looking for in the pattern books, and because my measurements are so far off from those used in commercial patterns they never fit right.

ANYWAY-

I'm posting this to offer my services to you- craftster members. If there is something you find online or draw up an idea that you want to make but can't find a pattern to utilise, post a pic and description here- I will do my best to draft a pattern and will post the tutorial.

Don't say I never offered YAY!
Think of it as challenging me.
double dog dare if you wish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy -Ben Franklin~~~
~~~Everytime I get with the program, somone changes the damn channel!~~~
~~~on one of those speech-to-text programs my friend ripped ass onto the mic.and it typed out "France"~~~
ragadyanne400

Am I a llama?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004 12:44:09 PM »

I see that no one has replied to this, but I just wanted you to know that I book marked this thread and I'll try and thing of a "challenge" for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missdior
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004 02:00:38 PM »

ok this shouldn't be too hard but i have no idea how to go about making it

i'm not sure if the picture is gonna work b/c i have never posted here but here's the link if it doesn't work

http://www.myrebe.com/shopexd.asp?id=157
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" ~Coco Chanel
shade_n_shadow
The Jones.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004 05:13:03 PM »

OMG I see these rag tag skirts every where and in almost every scene- I've been contimplating them for a bit.
It looks like the one in the pic has a stretch knit waistband(yoke) and is double layered- top layer is knife pleated and lower layer is probably just gathered. I have some material laying around that would be perfect for this (and I'm talkin scraps which is cool cause I never can really come up with ways to utilise all the scraps of gorgeous fabric I collect!!!)
Give me a day to finish my current project (corset order YAY- Income!!) and I'll get to work!

'Definately thankful for the challenge, missdior- I need a good push once in a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~on one of those speech-to-text programs my friend ripped ass onto the mic.and it typed out "France"~~~
shade_n_shadow
The Jones.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004 04:38:18 PM »

on another site I contribute to, I've been entered into a victorian inspired outfit challenge- don't worry the skirt is first (and I have until august to put my entry outfit pics up) I've got last touches to do to the corset order (grommets) and I'll be engrossed in the skirt probably by tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mango
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004 09:51:28 AM »

I really like this top, but don't know how to make the collar.

http://www.emilystrange.com/beware/buyorDIE/ScaryTales/stcapsleevepnk.cfm

i found this pattern while searching the internet. http://www.simplygracedesigns.com/collarpp.jpg is this a good start? how would i attach the collar to the shirt?

thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long."
schquimpy
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004 12:16:47 PM »

i might be able to help a little with that pesky peter pan collar. it's very similar, but it looks like the one you want (emily the strange) is a little flatter on the sides and pointier in the front.  and it looks like the pattern one doesn't meet in the back, so you might wanna adjust it to your liking. i recommend making a mock up and then futzing with it from there. i dread doing collars cause they're a little different everytime. it's sometimes hard to get them to lay flat. to attach the collar you can make a center back point on the shirt that lines up with the one on the collar.

super cute shirt, i wanna see it when your'e done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

somewhere my vocational guidance counselor is laughing hysterically
shade_n_shadow
The Jones.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004 07:56:56 PM »

if you find a shirt pattern you like that has a collar on it you can use the collar pattern piece to design your own... I have to figure out how to explain it (will come back to this tomorrow- just got home from work and my brain has shut down)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittenkattbrat
~Kitty kitty meow meow~

Through the looking glass....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004 09:32:26 PM »

I wanted to make a long rag skirt also...so whenever you are able to find the time to tackle that, please get back to us!!  (at least, me! I am so very anxious!!!!  Wink )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~you can fit your world in a papercup, but you cannot fit a papercup in your world~
shade_n_shadow
The Jones.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004 06:31:41 PM »

the rag tag short skirt is almost finished- gimme another day to tweek the underlayer. a long once...hmmm... got a pic?  if you're looking for a serious rag skirt, look at this:http://gothfashion.info/x.php?stuff=tatters
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...