A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 314,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
250 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's "The Hoover Blanket"  (Read 1633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

prettypinkelephant
« on: September 18, 2005 12:16:17 PM »

Has anyone tried The Hoover Blanket from knitty? I want to make it but the instructions seem rather complicated and I wanted to know if the actual knitting part of it is as complicated as the pattern makes it appear to be.
Thanks!
Amanda Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AWynkoop
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005 05:17:46 PM »

Funny you should mention this... I was telling my MIL about this today since I want to start one for my cousin. My name is also Amanda... anyway... I would be willing to knit along...I have seen the technique before and I think it is really a matter of knitting the front of the blanket with the front yarn and knitting the  back of the blanket with the back yarn.  I think I saw it on knitty gritty on DIYNET they were making reversable tube tops with a big star on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005 05:30:39 AM »

Woo hoo someone replied! Haha that's awesome that your name is Amanda too. I don't get DIYNET sadly Sad but I have seen the technique used in other patterns, just never tried it before. I think I may try a little sample tonight with cheap yarn, see how it turns out. Then for sure we can do a knit along, which version are you going to do? I really like the striped one but unfortunately that is the one that confuses me most! I will post later tonight to let you know how it went! 
-Amanda Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AWynkoop
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005 06:07:37 AM »

I like stripes too, I am a big fan of varigated yarn for baby blankets, so I will probably just use the pattern for the solid one using a self striping yarn.  Let me know how the swatch goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
box of purls
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005 06:43:11 AM »

I was going to make this blanket for my best friend who just had a baby, but it looked complicated to me too and I haven't sat down to trying to tackle it.  I'll have to try it now....Oh yeah my name is Amanda too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AWynkoop
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005 03:37:53 PM »

Too weird... any other amanda's want to knit this one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettypinkelephant
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005 06:10:34 PM »

Haha this is awesome, k I am getting some crappy yarn out now to try a sample. Will post soon. Muaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005 07:04:43 PM »

K, I've been playing around with the pattern and it is difficult but addictive so I have tomorrow off and will definitely be working on it. I'm doing the third variation because I thought it would be easiest to see what I was doing but it turns out it's not so I will try variation one which is recommended to begin with. It is supposed to look like the right side of stockinette on both sides but it's looking like garter so I think I'm doing it backwards!
On a lighter note, what yarns were you Amanda's thinking of knitting this project with? It's pretty open ended so I have so many choices to choose from! I know the baby's room is in greens because they don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, I think cream and a sage green would be nice and elegant. What do you think?
-Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005 07:11:59 PM »

I think one of the variations calls for RedHeart and I think that would work well with my budget right now, if I can get around to knitting it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettypinkelephant
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005 07:39:46 AM »

Yes, that's what I have to practice with and Red heart knits up pretty nice and evenly too. I am now going to attempt this thing again. I fear I may be Hoover challenged.
-Amanda Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet
Earth-Friendly Gift Wraps

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...