A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Designers at the $dollar store$  (Read 30482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

blackchampayne

...Pain Passion Soul...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005 08:40:56 PM »

I never buy anything designer if i find it at the thrist stores coz i like to destroy it all anyways and i figure someone else will find it and actually treasure it....however. my label whore friend george tagged along with me one day and found a pair of levis for $3 and a lacoste polo for $2...he just needs me to take in the top an inch or two on each side and he's sweet!! Now he comes with me all the time lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a beautiful pig...and no one can tell me otherwise Cheesy
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006 04:57:36 PM »

They probably are real, but when they got inspected, there was something wrong with it, not that noticably, but they knew no one would pay much if they saw the mistake so they sold it to a discount store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006 09:11:36 PM »

the other day i was at amvets (thrift store if you don't know) and i saw these great condition marc by marc jacobs jeans, but they were too big, and i got so sad haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
spaz2phreek
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006 09:54:38 PM »

I read an article about a year ago that was talking about the $1 craze. It mentioned that sometimes dollar stores get dead stock or slightly imperfect major brand items in. There are people who go to all the dollar stores in the area on a regular basis just looking for killer deals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
scissorchic
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006 12:31:20 PM »

That person would be me. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aphadon
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006 06:04:48 PM »

Wow, that's really cool. I work at a dollar store, and the best brands we get in are, like, Goody hair stuff XD I'm always on the lookout for good stuff, since I get a discount, but so far no luck (although we have some packs of tulle I'm tempted to get to make a tutu out of *lol*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elifante
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006 05:04:48 PM »

oh man, I always find great stuff at thrift stores. for like dirt cheap.

and im not a brand name person or anything, but if Im shopping at a thrift store, I wont pay more than five or six dollars for anything. heres a small list

Kate Spade purse, Nanette Lepore and Betsey Johnson dresses, Diesel jeans and shirts, new Paper Denim and Cloth jeans, and other stuff I cant remember. God bless the Goodwill
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellokittyonacid
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007 09:29:08 PM »

today since its close to earth day, me and a lot of my friends went "vintag-en" and here my amazing list:dior polo,dior button down,burberry oxford, and just cuase a crap load of douney& burk bags they had for a dollar a piece (shopping powers)
yeah i'm just that good

THIS ROCKS   Logged
weholdparties
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007 08:32:17 PM »

i bought earings at a thrift store once without looking at who made them. wore them the next day, just so happed to notice the back.  They were Givenchy! surprise surprise.
congrats on your designer finds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fg0d
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007 09:36:49 AM »

You'll get what you bought these for on eBay, a buck. Even though the Christian Dior label is on it, and it may or may not be real, but it's not worth anything. Sorry Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...