A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
175 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Basket and Pillow for My Upcoming October 1st Wedding! IMAGE HEAVY  (Read 3575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 17, 2005 04:23:50 PM »

Only two weeks to go! Today I completed the flower girl's basket and the ring bearer's pillow for my wedding. Our colors are dark brown and orange as you can see.

The Pillow is made out of the same brown shantung that I made my bridesmaids' dresses out of.

My finace came up with the design for the ring bearer's pillow, (Which he was very proud of)

I got the buttons at Ben Franklin for like, $5, and I still have a ton left over. I'm sure I'll find something else to use them on. Maybe that's what I'll put in the flower girl's basket for her to throw. Ha!

I'm planning for the flower girl to throw fall leaves instead of petals. I just have to find some awesome orange ones that aren't dry and crackley.

I lined the inside with the same brown shantung. I even put in a pillow bottom.

This is the back view of the basket. I really liked how it turned out.

I'm also painting parasols today and making table lanterns. I'll be sure to post pics of my wedding when I get them together. Thanks for looking

EDIT: Here is a picture of the ring bearer and flower girl carrying them at my wedding. Aren't they cute!? Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 02:09:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005 04:27:02 PM »

*love!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
Madeleine09
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005 04:29:37 PM »

WOW!
Those are so beautiful. My mom is in love with fall leaves and if she knew about this she would be love the idea of the flower girl throwing leaves. Very original and classy. I would love to see your bridesmaids dresses, do you have a link to them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

memememe
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005 07:00:03 PM »

These are just beautiful!  I favor fall weddings - mine was late fall (Nov) and I was able to find some good leaves through that time that weren't all dried and crackley.  I think your colors are awesome - I am SO into brown right now!  I just bought ten yards of something very similar to your pillow material a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to use it.  Congratulations on your wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Struggle Is My Life"
Nelson Mandela
Happychick
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005 06:40:09 AM »

oh wow, they are gorgeous, especially the cusion! Well done, and congrats on your big day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elibrowning
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005 11:48:42 AM »

Wow, those are really beautiful.  Your wedding is going to be wistful and graceful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005 11:08:53 AM »

I'm planning for the flower girl to throw fall leaves instead of petals. I just have to find some awesome orange ones that aren't dry and crackley.

To preserve fall leaves a bit, and make them less dry and crackly, iron the leaves between sheets of waxed paper. (obviously protect the surface you iron on and the iron itself.)

I used this technique on a set of particularly gorgeous leaves back in... ack- 1996! I then framed the leaves. I recently transfered them to a different frame, and they were still rather pliable, and the color has been maintained the entire time!

---
Your pillow and basket are GORGEOUS! They're absolutely lovely. I can't wait to see more pictures! How are you decorating the reception area. More pictures and details! (In your spare time! hee!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005 11:18:18 AM »

I really don't have much to add, other than the fact my wedding was late May, and my colors were brown and pink.

I just had my "Oh crap, my wedding is over and I can't wear my pretty dress and tiara and have a huge party and be the center of attention anymore" moment.

Le sigh.

Congrats to you, though!  It only gets better from here, trust me.

Edited to add: I didn't have a ring bearer, but if I did, I would have made a pillow exactly like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005 01:44:00 PM »

it's wonderful!  tell your fiance that he made a great pillow design.  Cheesy    did you stuff the pillow with loose stuffing or did you get a pillow and build the cover around that?  curious because that's my next wedding project and i love how yours turned out.  mind if i borrow the ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005 09:21:57 PM »

My fiance will appriciate that you said something. He's been asking about it. (Aren't they cute?  ::)They think of one creative thing about the wedding and suddenly it becomes the most important detail of the day.)

I don't mind at all if you borrow ideas, that's why I posted it! If you do end up posting yours though I wouldn't mind a credit!  Smiley

As for how I made the pillow I actually filled it myself, which was rather annoying because I had to make it even. (This involved a lot of shifting and smacking of the pillow, mostly out of frustration.) It would probably easier (but more expensive) to buy a pillow and make a cover for it.

I don't have pictures of my dresses posted anywhere but I'll do a massive post some time after October first about my wedding.

Again... Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...