A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,822
Currently Running With Scissors:
215 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Folding Table for Craft Markets  (Read 7299 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
glitterlisa
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004 11:34:41 AM »

Wow, some of those loaf soaps are great! I can't wait to make my 1st swirly one. I have so much soap to chop / make when I get home!

I'm planning on making a green tea loaf, oatmeal and honey, and my special goat's milk, oatmeal and honey. These are some of my most popular sellers. I'm always suprised at how much people like the green tea and honey.

If I lived next to/near a soap supply store, I would be so broke!

Maybe tomorrow will be a slower day when I don't have to be constantly hanging up the phone and calling back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004 11:42:14 AM »

I'm trying to decide how to go about my first loaf soap- I was totally inspired by your stuff!  I'm thinking maybe a plastic drawer liner? *grin* I just HATE paying for a 'commercial' mold.

As for living by the soap suppliers- I AM BROKE! LOL poor ken is doing all he can to keep me in supplies.  I just picked up an order on monday and now here I am adding stuff to the shopping cart- it NEVER ENDS lol. I better sell some more soap quick-like hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glitterlisa
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004 12:08:24 PM »

My favorite loaf mold is a parallel printer cable box. (Plastic box) You can use a plastic shoebox (rubbermaid) or whatever brand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004 01:29:34 PM »

you can get a nice one from walmart (including a chair) for 30 dollars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BluegrassBeagles
Swamp Witch

Rrruff! Rruff! <Bark!> Rruff!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2004 07:57:46 AM »

I recently started doing craft shows and had $0 to spend on tables. We already owned a folding card table and sawhorses, so I took a little trip to my local home improvement store and found some scrap lumber: 1/2 inch thick 2x8. I got the lumber for free! (Actually, I only got it for free because they were so busy they didn't want to fool with marking it, so they just said to take it.) Check out the back of the store near the cutting area. You might luck into a slab that will fit in your car, like I did.

I bought a twin flat sheet to drape over it, and I overlay some tulle, as well. It is nice because I can put my jewelry on this table and my dog biscuits on the card table. I can adjust my sawhorses to 37", which puts the jewelry up closer to eye level and means folks don't have to hunch down to inspect it. It also gives me LOTS of room to hide boxes, bags, food, etc under the table.

The picture is a little dark, but maybe you can get the gist of it:

The other displays I built with about $30 worth of lumber and five hours of labor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've discovered the wonderful world of blogs:
http://swampwitch.wordpress.com/

REduce
REuse
REcycle
REJOICE!
glitterlisa
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2004 08:50:49 AM »

That's awesome. I was really stressed this week because I didn't own a table (have a small car too) and the fee is pretty high for this market. I ended up 1st buying tables from target that were too shallow. I ended up buying a 6 ft x 3 ft table from walmart  last night and am trying to figure out how to display my soap on it tonight. I bought some $1/yd material as well to cover it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2004 09:58:50 AM »

OK- my tables are 30 x 60 and look like this:

does anyone know where else to find these other than walmart?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitterlisa
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2004 10:04:30 AM »

You can get them online at Target. My local Target and Walmart did not carry them. If you have an academy, they might carry something like this as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiemarie
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2004 11:10:20 AM »

You guys should look at some of the chain camping stores for folding "picnic" tables, thats where i got mine, and its pretty inexpensive/sturdy.  Here is a similar one at REI,  http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47794030&parent_category_rn=4500555
hope this helps!
-cassie
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004 11:15:45 AM by cassiemarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...