A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,820
Currently Running With Scissors:
189 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Folding Table for Craft Markets  (Read 7296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
glitterlisa
« on: April 27, 2004 08:56:08 PM »

I need to purchase a folding table for a craft market that I will be working this weekend. Can I get a few recommendations? I have access to at least Target and Walmart. (I'm in Houston.)
I'd like to spend less than $50. I'd want something that is around 6 x 3 feet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004 09:01:47 PM by glitterlisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004 11:22:17 PM »

Hi Lisa  Grin

I got my tables at Wal-Mart in the Sporting Goods section for $27.

They are the long rectangular ones that fold in half and have a handle and I LOVE them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glitterlisa
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004 07:41:54 AM »

How big are the tables you got from walmart? I will be calling you soon (today or tomorrow.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004 08:01:08 AM »

OK- my tables are 30 x 60 and look like this:

I get cute flannel backed table cloths and skirts from the dollar store to cover them- they work really well and for a dollar who can complain?

And check this out (I am so excited about this I have to share!!)-

Last night I walked up to the corner store (two houses down) to get a cup of Cinnamon Cappucino (mmmmmmmmmmmmm) and as I came from around the back of the store I glanced at the dumpster.

Sitting all alone next to it was a display stand.

Hmm.

I walked inside, greeted the Manager (I practically LIVE there..the coffee is delish!) and made chit chat as I filled my coffee cup. On a stray impulse, I said, "So...are you guys just throwing out that display stand out back?"

He informed me that he had been planning on taking it home himself, but 1. His wife wouldn't let him and 2. He had no way to get it there.

I grinned and asked permission to take it. "Go ahead", he said.

So I have a new display stand. It is a little over 5 feet tall and almost 4 feet wide.

It has plastic 'clip' hinges attaching three sides which allow you to make it straight or shape it into a triangle.

It came with shelves and with 'hooks' to hang items with hang tags on them.

There are three 'signs' attached to the top of the display, one for each section. They are heavyweight plastic and are attached with velcro- EASY to paint over, add my logo or product info and then just reattach!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004 08:14:44 AM »

I would think it would be really easy to get more shelves at your local home despot.  they have these modular plastic coated wire closet organizer things and their parts might work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004 08:26:16 AM »

I was planning on heading over there tonite. I'm so excited that I got it for FREEEEEE!

(sorry for hijacking your table thread Lisa!! LOL)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glitterlisa
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004 09:03:15 AM »

OMG! I hate you now! I need that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004 09:04:51 AM »

According to the guy at the store, the displays are provided by the vendors who want their items in the store. They toss most of them when they change the display.

Time to go get cozie with your local 7-11, Circle K, Stop and Shop or Tom Thumb guy *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glitterlisa
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004 10:50:24 AM »

I forgot to ask, how many tables do you have... and do you have links to your past displays?

I'm still searching for a weekly venue. I've found a monthy one (for the next 2 months at least) and one that I work on a 8 week rotation.

I'm still looking into other possible venues, but some already have soapers, etc.

Do you take credit cards when you are at your market?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amareluna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004 11:05:30 AM »

Sorry I missed your call- diaper duty.

I have 4 tables, two long and two short. I don't take credit cards or checks- cash only. If they want to order with either check or credit card, I refer them to my website to place the order.

Here's a picture of one of my displays- since then I've done a lot to add "height" to the booth, mostly using plastic spice rack shelves from Wal-Mart and baskets/fabric covered boxes.  I also display in record bowls now and it looks great and catches people's attention.

There are three soapers at the market I go to, but we all sell really different stuff. One lady is simply selling items she buys from a soaper in Vermont. I've been told her lotion is greasy and she doesn't know very much about her products.  The other lady sells mostly loaf soaps (http://www.essenceofzion.com/products.htm) so we really don't have anything similar to each other.

HTH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...