A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blackberry from Knitty KAL  (Read 24671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LolaBella
« on: September 14, 2005 12:09:22 PM »

First off, here's the link to the free pattern: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTblackberry.html

Ok, I decided to start this thread so that all interested could join in the fun.  There were a lot of people interested from the "knitty" thread.  Right now I'm finishing my minisweater, but I'm looking into what yarns are good subs and hopefully will be able to start it sometime next week.

Has anyone else started this?  I've never done cables so this is going to be a new experience, we'll see how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
VSUangel86
The Newest Urban Knitter on the Block

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005 04:27:07 PM »

I haven't started but I'm in for sure ! I really want to make this...except not in chunky yarn...ya i'll have to figure out the guage for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Marissa

----->http://urbnknitter.blogspot.com/<--- (the blog)
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005 05:28:19 PM »

Ha!  My sister requested this sweater for christmas, so this is perfect!  I haven't knitted cables either.  The pattern claims it is a "quick" knit.  I guess we'll have to see how it turns out.  I'll probably start it....  next week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Halloween Crafts on Flickr
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies (round inchies) to make bottle cap magnets.
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005 08:03:01 PM »

I discovered the new Knitty upon returning from four weeks at sea (for work) - what a nice welcome home gift!  Anyhow, after seeing Blackberry I immediately hightailed it to Craftster to see if there was a KAL.  Indeed, I was not let down! 

I have a backlog of projects, but this item makes the top of the list.  I'll be looking forward to ideas on yarn substitution: $14/ball * 6 balls = too expensive!  Sheesh.  KnitPicks' Sierra?  Cascade 128 (maybe in a tweed?)?  Or Cascade 109?  So many possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005 08:10:42 AM »

Hi Everybody!

I would like to join the KAL, although I've already started Blackberry.  It is a very quick knit and I'm a very slow knitter.  I've finished the back and the right front.  I'm half way through the left front.  I started to read ahead and was confused by the sleeves.  I'm going to do the cables but not the bobbles.  Oh, also I'm just doing regular stockinette, not reverse. 

Glad to be here!

Valerie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LolaBella
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005 08:15:59 AM »

Yay!  I'm glad someone's already started!  I too am looking at the Sierra for a substitute, do you think the natural would dye well with kool-aid? 

Valerie: I'm not going to do the bobbles either.  I also thought about doing it in stockinet, but with the cables I think it looks good to do the reverse.  Gald that it's going fast for you!  I love projects on bigger needles, they seem to go so much faster!  What yarn are you using???

I really really want to start this and I only have one sleve left on my minisweater so I should be able to start soon!  Just need to figure out a substitute yarn...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
snacker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005 02:13:44 PM »

Yeah!  Yah!  Thanks for starting this KAL!  I want to make like 3 of these.  I was such in a frenzy to begin I picked up some leftover Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick n' Quick from another project just to get started.  It matched the guage so I took off with it.  I couldn't deal with finding a sub yarn as I was so intense on starting.  Today I went to pick up a couple more things of yarn to continue on.  This project goes fast.  I am knitting it between other projects (as to pace myself because I am so giddy to finish) and I am already to the pits of the back.  Once I get my digital camera squared away I will post progress pictures.  Please post progress pictures!  It helps to see whether I am doing the project wrong (or luckily, right).      
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
julsey723
How do I know about reality? I just play with sticks and string.

do you have jello?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005 02:47:32 PM »

I'm in - I bought Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in a purplish color.

Valerie - you read my mind exactly!  I want to do this in regular stockinette, and no bobbles!

Show us some progress pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**PM me if you have a copy of Patons Street Smart for sale or swap**
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________')
blog: www.peonyknits.blogspot.com
shop: www.julsey723.etsy.com
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005 08:04:17 AM »

I knew I should have posted what kind of yarn I was using but this being my very first KAL on craftster...well, I was afraid of the yarn police. :-) 

I'm using Lion Brand Landscapes in Autumn Trails.  It is a perfect match for the gauge.  I got the idea from Bron.  Here is a link to her web page.  She has already finished Blackberry and she used Landscapes in Deep Sea:
http://bronsfiberstuff.typepad.com/brons_blog_ii/2005/09/no_well_dressed.html

Last night I finished the other front and started the first sleeve.  I've never knitted a sweater on size 13 needles before.  I'm truly amazed at how fast it is knitting up.  I'm in class this weekend, but will try to post pictures soon!

Valerie
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005 08:06:36 AM by vmichael2002@yahoo.com » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LolaBella
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005 09:47:12 AM »

Yay!  I bought my yarn last night.  I ended up going super cheapo and getting Red Heart chunky in a great brown color.  I only bought three skiens (they're huge!) since it didn't say yardage on it so I hope I have enough, but at 3.99/skien it will still cost me well under $20!! even if I have to get another one.  Horray for cheap yarn! Smiley  If I like the pattern I'm sure I'll knit another in a different color/yarn.  I'm hoping to cast on this weekend. 

Let's get some pictures going!  I want to see!

Glad to hear it's knitting up fast.  I've never done a full sweater so this will be good for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...