A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Christmas.  (Read 26086 times)
Tags for this thread: holiday_card  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

minouette
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2005 10:54:23 AM »

My friends think I'm nuts too, for buying Yule presents all year round, but when December comes around they all envy me -- hihi
LOL - sounds familiar.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
pink_princess
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2005 07:05:48 AM »

Shocked Wow are you people organised!!! Ive decided on a craft christmas myself this year but Im not sure if im up to the challange!! Im going to have a really stretched christmas financially as im in college, plus i like any excuse for a craft! i might go half craft/half store bought. Ive got a few ideas but i havent started putting any into practice.
so far ive thought of:

-> make up bags for my friend and step sister (possibly sort of quilted?)
-> pin up playing cards (from a tutorial here) for my friend dave
-> a felt Gir form Invader Zim for my friend phil
-> a whole host of things for my bf including: a clay Link (from Zelda games), a stencilled/inkjet transfer tshirt, and a whole host of nintendo and movie related crap!

support on my journey would be greatly appreciated!  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
GreatBallofFire
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2005 08:35:03 AM »

It's the holidays that make me regret loving my friends and family so much!  Wink

I've made knitted or hand sewn gifts for the last four years (with some store bought stuff in the first two). This year, due to the fact that I have no room for my sewing machine in my doorm, everything will be lovingly hand knitted. That means:

11 scarves and 7 hats

Luckly, I have big lecture classes that allow me to knit in class, and I can't sit still, so I knit while I read or study. So, hopefully I can get it all done in time. Plus, we do Christmas with my grandparents and aunts and uncles on New Years day, so that's always given us a "grace period" as my aunt calls it.  Grin
I'll be posting pictures as I finish things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Knitting Journal
www.sticksnloans.blogger.com
Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2005 10:41:12 AM »

support on my journey would be greatly appreciated!  Embarrassed

You totally have support here!  Wink

I willl orgainize if no one else will.  how about limit to 10 people. 5 projects. like....... person 1 makes a,a,a,a,a and sends them to person 2. Person 2 also makes a,a,a,a,a and sends them to person 1.  is that ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2005 09:47:57 AM »

I am getting going on my venture to homeade Xmas gifts now and have five done now. They are all finished now, but I just bought a package of shrinky dinks to make necklaces now so I'm excited about that!  (from a tutorial here on craftster!)
IF these turn out it will be five more off my list! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2005 09:53:22 AM »

Ok I am a potter. I have been for almost 10 years. EVERYONE is tired of pottery. 

How could anyone get tired of pottery?

That's exactly the same thing I thought... pottery?  You have a lucky lucky family!

I want to do the swap... badly... sounds like a fab idea and it would really get me crafting for the holidays, since I have been thinking about crafting a lot more than actual crafting lately :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2005 09:57:42 AM »

[, since I have been thinking about crafting a lot more than actual crafting lately :-/

that's my problem too. I've thought up all these ideas now to get the hands to do the work the brain has processed!!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katt24

no work and all play.....

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2005 11:11:03 PM »

I am stressing already over my knitted xmas gifts.  I am working on the PoA Harry Potter scarf and it is taking me forever.  I haven't even made it to the second pattern repeat-even worse I have another one to make.  Plus someone just requested mittens.  I don't think my friends understand how much time it takes to knit something.  I know that I am not the only one here who has this problem.  Ugh. 

On a positive note, I just found out a friend of mine is a new knitter and I think I am just going to spin up a hank or two of yarn for her to create with.  Does this sound like a good gift??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't let me find more crap to do
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2005 08:33:12 AM »

On a positive note, I just found out a friend of mine is a new knitter and I think I am just going to spin up a hank or two of yarn for her to create with.  Does this sound like a good gift??

i'm doing this very same thing! i know my friend will love it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2005 10:29:01 AM »

Wow - what a bunch of industrious crafters!  I don't have a big family but really have no interest in making all my gifts - so instead I'm doing barters!  That way everyone is getting something handmade (or at least Indie) and I don't have to go near a mall!  Heehee.

There will still be a few made by me gifts - jewelry and beaded this n' thats for the laides.  A couple of scarves.  And of course dozens and dozens of cookies!  Maybe if I am really motivated I will even do some beaded tree ornaments.  Ha. 

My only recepient of a non-handmade item will be dad - who has already registered at his local bike shop for new gizmos - all of which will be way out of my price range - g.c. it is! *lol*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...