A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JUNE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you seen the Craft Challenge announcement?  Check out the details here!
Total Members: 311,990
Currently Running With Scissors:
282 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can we...  (Read 5180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hollflanders

The Stitch Queen of New Orleans

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2004 09:54:14 PM »

...have a forum available under supply locations for Louisiana?

Thanks,
hollflanders

The Stitch Queen of New Orleans!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
papertoes
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004 03:33:21 AM »

Ditto!  I recently moved to Baton Rouge for college (go Tigers!!) & I have no idea where to go when I want to make things instead of studying!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
Miss Morbus
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004 06:40:07 AM »

i agree too.  im in shreveport.  is there some way that we can add it, or do we just have to ask?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can kill you with my brain.
hollflanders

The Stitch Queen of New Orleans

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004 07:39:06 AM »

Thank you, Leah, for adding the forum!

I know nothing of Baton Rouge or Shreveport, but I can recommend stores and vendors here in New Orleans.

PS: Go Tigers!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004 07:39:42 AM by hollflanders » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Morbus
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004 08:39:27 AM »

thanks Leah!  

i mostly knit, sew, and embroider....so i go to michaels, joanns fabrics, and hancocks fabrics.  thats all we really have in shreveport (that i know of).  its still a pretty small city so we dont have any cool specialty shops, just the standard stuff that most cities have.

i would love to know of some other places in louisiana though.  i bet new orleans has some cool stuff.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papertoes
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004 08:59:15 AM »

Yay Leah!  Thanks a million...now I'll have to go out & find some BR stores.  As far as Lafayette (where I'm from) goes, they have Hancock's, Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, etc.

I've never been there, but I know there is a place...I think it's called Fancy Fabrics & Costume Design or something along those lines.  They sell unique, really luxurious fabrics & trims.  I'm assuming that's where the krewes go to get their stuff for Mardi Gras season.  Other than that...I'll keep looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
roysie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004 11:50:19 AM »

Miss Morbus, I live in Shreveport as well. It's good to know I'm not alone! Have you been to the new Michael's on Youree? It's like a breath of fresh air, as far as Shreveport is concerned. I plan on moving to Austin, TX within the next year. I can't wait to get out of this place. It's so stagnant, creatively-speaking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Morbus
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004 02:39:38 PM »

oooo...really another person in shreveport!!  i wasnt expecting that.  haha...ive already been there a bunch, i live just around the corner.  i agree....it is a pretty stagnant town for creativity.  i order a lot of stuff online, but i have hopes of shreveport growing bigger so we have more cool stuff.  

from what i hear austin seems like a town that is pretty creative.  i just moved back from dallas, but i still go over there to shop some (stock up on the good stuff).   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BagLady
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004 10:22:42 PM »

Yeah!!  Grin I'm glad to see a Louisiana forum!! I am near Slidell - grew up here, back for a year and the only places I know of around here are Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and Hancock Fabrics  - I'm looking for some good flea market / vintage fabrics... I thought about driving into the city (N.O.) but don't have a clue as to where to even begin looking... French Market, maybe? I dunno  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GracieTom: Original Handbags, Totes & Accessories Galore | www.gracietom.com |

Affordable website design & logo development | www.lisettedesign.com |
sewsudchic

Macrame'-Modge Podge Maven with a ATC addiction

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004 08:57:46 AM »

- I'm looking for some good flea market / vintage fabrics... I thought about driving into the city (N.O.) but don't have a clue as to where to even begin looking... French Market, maybe? I dunno  Huh

Hey Bag Lady and the rest of the LA ladies,
okay i'm from MS, i'm not far from the NO.. like 45 minutes.. Anyway to answer your ponder about the French Market, i'd definately recommend going there! i've found lots of fun finds and great materials... i'd also cruise down magazine street -west.... there's all types of neat vintage shops as well... maybe you'll find something there too!
I used to come over to Slidell to Michaels before we got one over here... it was always a fun rushed little trip between classes! anyway....
i hope i've helped ya out!
peace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Ice Cream Cone
Stars In Your Eyes
Meatless Monday: Mojito Fruit Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...