A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
146 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wardrobe Revamp Craftalong  (Read 58417 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bente
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2005 10:05:53 AM »

OK, the second one first really scared me off! -i had it all cut out, but wasnt sure about the side pieces... Then I just jumped into it... The side pieces are cut larger than they need to, then I sewed thin elastic thread with a larger zigzag stitch in rows every inch.. Then I had to tighten the elastics to receive the shape the piece needed to have, secured them all firts with knots, then with stitches... It fits great because of the extra fabric on the waists, but it was a hell of a work! Im glad you like it.. Im planning a pencilskirt to go with it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/fraudeutz
The only difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are way more cool and can kick some ass *gg*
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2005 11:20:50 AM »

I'm trying to wait until the end of the month to post so I can see how many I got done.  I'm trying to do as many as possible.  However the month is almost done and my son and I are both getting sick so I may be done already.  Sad  So far I think I have made/resized/reconstructed/screenprinted 8 shirts...

I plan on making my son either Elmo or Boots the monkey from Dora the Explorer for Halloween.  So I really like the idea of changing October to Halloween.  I'm really looking forward to both skirts and dresses.  I have no idea what I will make for outerware yet.  I don't know how to knit and a jacket seems like a HUGE project.  Maybe I will screenprint some hoodies.   Wink 

Well I better get sewing if I'm going to finish as many as I had wanted to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2005 03:35:54 PM »

grr, I'm so overwhelmed with swaps now, and I so wanted to revamp my wardrobe,ESPECIALLY shirts, but now I may have to put it off. I'm also saving up to get a serger because I suck at sewing jersey knits, BUT on a good note, I have been designing some modernized 40s-50s clothes. That's been occupying my time lately. I can't wait to scan and share! (My computer and scanner will be back up with CABLE come Friday. YES...such a big leap from dial up)  Grin

I can't wait til I can finally add to this...hopefully soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2005 04:37:09 PM »

I'm really late...but I still want to join! I'm working on a simple shirt resize now and will post it when I'm done (which will hopefully still be September!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alannah311
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2005 05:05:30 PM »

i've never done this type of thing before but i'd love to give it a try.. i'm in   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

today, my love, we shall let the world slide
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2005 05:51:37 PM »

i bought a pattern from a skirt by Burda several years ago, and i still use it.  in fact, i think i'll use it for one of my skirts for next month!  woo! 

and even though i'm a little late for the bra strap discussion: my mom used to yell at me when she looked at the pictures of stuff i was selling on ebay.  "alexis, you can't have your BRA STRAPS SHOWING!!"  now trixie does all my modeling, and unfortunately, i left out the bra straps when i drew her "pants" on.  hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2005 06:27:51 PM »

My mum still uses the line that 'your appearance reflects on me, you know, people will think I didn't teach you how to dress yourself' but it's ok, because my brother has dreads, so I'll always be the good, well groomed child.

Ok, next month will definitely be halloween, I was thinking that it might be easiest to just combine bags and accessories and make dresses last.

Also, hoodies are a great idea for outerwear. I'm so in love with hoodies, but sweatshirts make me look ginormous, so I have to make my own out of thinner fabric. I'm seriously impressed by 8 shirts, spitbubbleluv, for some reason, I didn't even think of screenprinting.

This craftalong is going to keep me very busy over the months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2005 06:54:46 PM »

i usually get the point-and-laugh reaction from my mom when i get dressed up.  i used to dress more fruits style with the bright dresses, fishnets, knee socks, checkerboard platforms, etc, all the time, but i don't really go out much now.  i'm kind of a crafty hermit... which is okay, because i'm pretty shy and i was kind of sick of strangers coming up and talking to me and my friends (who were dressed in a similar nature) and asking us questions. 

that just reminded me of an incident...  i had on this totally awesome, vintage, super tight, yellow, blue, green, and red striped dress (which was also the fateful dress that had some guy yelling, "hey, stripey!  do you like pizza?  meet us at sdkfjdiojdf pizza on something ave!" from the 4th level of a parking structure after a ben kweller show and resulted in my friends and i driving all over detroit trying to find sdkfjdiojdf pizza on something ave.  we didn't find it.) and god knows what else.  my friend also had on a striped rainbow dress and mandatory ridiculous accessories. 
we were thrift shopping, and i could see this guy looking at us from across the store, and i was absolutely dreading the moment he'd get enough guts to walk over and say whatever it is he wanted to say to us. 
anyway i went back to shopping and forgot about the staring-guy until i looked up and saw him standing right in front of us.  i gasped, sucking some spittle into my windpipe.  so just as he said, "can i just say that you two look positively candy-coated?" and i went to give the obligatory "um, thanks!", i instead gagged and made a gurgling noise. 

so, you see?  i'm better off not in the public eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2005 07:10:11 PM »

My mom loves my dressing. Granted, she is from Santa Cruz, born and raised. She always encouraged my funky wardrobe and would give me suggestions. she actually wanted me to dread my hair which I never completely did (couldn't get thru the messy head phase).
 I'm pretty shy too and feel uncomfortable when people come up to me and make comments, not that I don't like compliments but its almost like they expect me to be interesting and witty which I'm not unless I know you really well and feel comfortable. I love fashion but am such a hermit its almost a waste to have such beautful clothes in my closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2005 07:47:21 PM »

I love fashion but am such a hermit its almost a waste to have such beautful clothes in my closet.

yeah, that's me.  it has it's benefits... when i make stuff to sell, it's usually something i know i'll never wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...