A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
313 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fun exciting quilts  (Read 12759 times)
Tags for this thread: bug , quilt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SarahFroggy
« on: April 17, 2004 07:06:53 PM »

thought i would post two of the quilts i've made. nice to show hard work to crafty people who understand the efforts involved Tongue sorry for the nasty pictures big things are hard to photograph when you have a tiny apartment Tongue

my first real quilt(this is excluding the too simple patch-on patch checkerboard one i made): the bug blocks are from two books and the big jar and hand applique's flowers and bugs are all my own design.

this is the one i made for my boyfriend for christmas. he requested this design (not one i would choose to do on my own Wink labour of love for sure. took a loooong time Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004 07:36:31 PM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cannibalwendy
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004 04:57:27 PM »

i really love that bottom one. Smiley good job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004 08:03:27 AM »

very impressive, esp. the bottom one with all those inset seams...I have made a few quilt tops, but have yet to finish them, I like the piecing pat of it but hate the hand quilting part..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004 08:05:46 AM »

Those are awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
SarahFroggy
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004 09:54:23 AM »

i like piecing the best too. i cheated on the quilting. I had the bug quilt quilted by machine professionally they used one of those 20,000 dollar machines to do it and quilted all around the bugs and flowers with variegated thread and added bugs flowers a frog all in the quilting around it.  i wish i could take a picture that would show that. and the tumbling blocks i machine quilted myself. my goal is to learn to hand quilt  but its hard when i have so many other things on the go. its nice to see a project finished and machine is for sure the fastest way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguingrrl

I'm a penguin in disguise!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004 09:57:26 AM »

OMG!!!  Those are awesome.  I love the cute bugs and the intricate design of the bottom one.  I have just discovered quilting.  I made my first quilt block this weekend (a collaboration with others for a baby quilt).  Yeah!  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004 10:00:31 AM »

the bottom one is paper-pieced. not sure if you know that technique but i would recommend it. you actually sew the fabric onto the paper. is a little time consuming removing it but well worth it for the precision you get.

penguingrrl you should post a pic. of yours. i'd love to see it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004 10:06:10 AM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004 09:17:04 AM »

Wow!  These are fantastic!  It must take so much time and an amazing amount of patience to do something like this?    I think I'd be yanking my hair out after a few squares!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
twilight
Craftista

Aren't we all lamas really...on the inside?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004 10:13:10 AM »

Wow! They're beautiful. I especially like the snails. Adorable!

I made a baby quilt for some friends who were expecting. I'll have to go digging around for the pic...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's just a ride."-Bill Hicks
Twitter: @TwilightChaos
manus
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004 03:55:40 PM »

SarahFroggy - they are beautissimo. Fantastic job! I've made a few quilts for friends' babies, but mainly only free form quilted ones. The precision needed for lining up those seams intimidates me. Good job! The bottom one makes me want to play Q-Bert Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By hand!
http://www.manusmade.com

Also: crafty and other ramblings
http://thisistania.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...