A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 315,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Edmonton? E-town? Anyone?  (Read 24055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

liz156
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004 06:15:38 PM »

I have heard that Ewe asked for it is a good yarn store.  Its around 63 Ave and 111 St.  I havent been myself but have only heard good things about it.

I've been crafting all my life but with my mom and aunt (who now live in Lac La Biche.  small world!  Shocked).  They are into painting (toille and stuff on wood) and I have gravitated towards knitting and crocheting.  But not just yarn things.  I've been trying to get down my paint chip wallet pattern down and have been sewing hand and tote bags lately.  I even managed to steal my moms old Kenmore sewing machine!  Woo!

My friends are crafty but arent as into it as I am.  I like the feeling you get when someone asks about something you made and are impressed that you in fact did make it.  Its a nice high.  Thats why I keep at it and spend too much money on goofy things to make Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlthursday
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004 07:20:22 PM »

I think this is an old thread but I want to bring it back to life.  Edmonton is so under-represented in this category!  I see Toronto, Vancouver, even Winnnipeg more.  I just moved here, anyway, and if anyone has any advice about yarn stores in Edmonton it would be very appreciated.  Also, someone up-thread mentioned something about starting a crafting group here and I think that's a great idea, especially since there seem to be so few people around here who craft.  I know I need all the support I can get! 
Let me know what you think!

Hey! I'm originally from Edmonton but am living in Toronto now. A great yarn store to check out is Knit and Purl on 124 street and Stony Plain Road. The woman who owns the shop is hilarious and amazing with recommendations and substitutions for yarns. There are always a few grannies knitting in the back too. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sundancer
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004 10:06:01 PM »

I'm a crafty girl in Edmonton as well and would be into starting something. I'm a photographer by trade and do bookbinding and album making as well. I've got a downtown loft with lots of room... I'll host the first one if someone else wants to round up people... it looks like there are at least 5 or 6 people interested
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NoamsMum
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005 07:51:41 AM »

Hi,

Thought I'd ressurect this post to see if there are still Edmonton crafsters out there.  I love sewing, quilting, and knitting, but since I gave birth to a very busy little boy in May, have barely found time to craft, though I gaze longingly at my sewing machine every time I pass it.

I noticed in December an ad in the local St. Albert newspaper where someone was trying to start a Stitch n Bitch group.  I wonder what became of it?  I should look through my recycling and get the email address from the ad.

And for any knitters out there, there is a fabulous yarn shoppe in St. Albert called  Burwood House--I drooled when I stopped in there once...wools, silks, cotton, EVERYTHING.  I wish I had more money to shop there!

NoamsMum
THIS ROCKS   Logged
isis p. woodward
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005 11:16:54 PM »

Hello Fellow Edmonton pals!
Nice to see some fellow crafters and knitters!

My favorite Edmonton Yarn Stores
- Knit & Purl
- Ewe asked for it (amazing selection, so cozy)
- some other one on the north end that i forget

I am hosting a stitch and bitch night once a month at my house in Old Strathcona.
I wrote a bit about it here: http://www.redkite.ca/amanda/archives/000082.html
If anyone is interested in coming, feel free to email me and I will totally tell you about it. I would write the info here, but I don't really want my address on a public forum! I am setting up a mailing list of knitters and will be sending out monthly reminders for stitch & bitch night.

I have also heard from my cousin's girlfriend that every monday evening a stitch bitch group connect at Remedy Cafe. 109 Street near Sk Drive on the side. Great cafe, although I have not gone to the stitching group yet, I am sure it is fun.

- amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le vikki
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005 02:02:07 PM »

Yeah, DIY culture isn't everywhere in edmonton, hey? I mean, there's stores like Nokomis on whyte ave but it's just mostly people I know who also do crafty things. No comunity to speak of...

I mean, what else other than a stich and bitch? Is there something we can do to maybe all get together with our separate projects and help each other out, etc (like craftster, but local)

hmmm.
~v
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FUSHIA QUEEN

eternity in an hour

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005 09:07:27 PM »

hi hi there i am a crafter here in edmonton and i fully undrstand ther eis like no craft scene here. i used to go to VIC and even there i was one of the only ones who could say they made their own "Jory Bag" there needs to be more places for local crafters to sell their stuff everywhere i ahve gone have told me i need to have a bussiness thingy which is not fair

THIS ROCKS   Logged

IMAGINATION IN MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE! ( i must b a genious)
Al Einstein is sexy!
Brite_hart
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005 10:39:38 AM »

Hello! Wow, it's great to see so many crafy people in Edmonton!  I just found this site, and it's amazing...I think I will be visiting this site quite frequently in the future! So many great ideas and projects to do.
I like to make all sorts of crafts, making journals, cards, jewelery, soap, lipbalms, stuff from fimo, sewing stuffed toys...bus alas, I don't know how to knit Undecided Maybe someday I'll learn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le vikki
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005 11:20:52 PM »

haha ha
yeah i know, a friend tried ot teach me last week and i speand the better part of a day trying to cast on a few stitches!
check out knittinghelp.com

it even has videos!
~v
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoamsMum
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005 04:30:09 PM »

Le Vikki,

I think you have a great idea, it would be really fun to get together and help eachother out with projects, or at least to help encourage eachother with all those UFOs (unfinished objects) lying around--I don't know if anyone else has them, but I've got zillions of them!

I've seen in those local community classes booklets that come around every fall and winter has sewing classes where you PAY to bring your unfinished project, and you have to haul your own sewing machine to boot!  Yeah...like I want to PAY to finish my project, ha ha!

NoamsMum
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...