A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 320,285
Currently Running With Scissors:
284 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 157105 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Darian
The standard snowflake.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2005 11:14:04 PM »

Gorgeous scarves! If it weren't for school I would so love to be doing this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it! --Elwood Blues
madeinkorea

Where's the zsa-zsa-zsu?

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2005 12:46:57 PM »

Since fall is quickly approaching, I have started on my Gryffindor scarf! I'm on my 4th repeat!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenrsmall
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2005 07:18:23 AM »

I'm starting my gryffindor scarves soon -- one for me and one for hubby -- want to finish in time for the GoF premiere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess*of*capri
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2005 05:47:31 PM »

I've never done a KAL hopefully it's still okay that I join. I bought my yarn today and I am going to go cast on as soon as I get off of here. I really have no idea why I am making this huge scarf, considering I live in nice old warm Florida. But I guess it's the thought that counts. Right? Everyone's look great so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Wists bandwagon!!! http://www.wists.com/princess_of_capri
night_owl
Crafty Mom

I love being a mom!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2005 05:02:01 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to get these pictures up.  I'm getting ready to go on vacation and I guess it got lost in the shuffle.  Anyways here's pictures of my finished scarf!!

Draped on my chair.

In it's entirety Grin

And it was so much fun to take pictures of it here's another one Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 01:50:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog

I'm back after a long time away and trying to find time to craft as I adjust to life as a mom!
facelikeallama
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2005 05:35:42 PM »

Okay, so, I'm a super newbie at knitting, so I have a couple questions...

I don't know how to knit with circular needles nor do I have any, so could I, say, knit two separate pieces and seam them together?  Circular needles look a little intimidating!  And to switch yarn colors, do I just tie the tails in a knot and trim?

Sorry for the stupid questions, gah!  I feel silly, but I really want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start my scarf.  Just not sure yet whether I want a Ravenclaw (book version) or a Slytherin one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2005 05:41:36 PM »

Hey, what yarns are you guys using?  I want to make a little mini shrug in Gryffendor colors instead of  a scarf, and I want to know what yarn would be good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
ishy
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2005 06:27:30 PM »

I adore Simply Soft, which is what I think night_owl said she was using as well.  I'm not sure that there is a gryffindor gold color, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_Steph_
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2005 06:33:22 PM »

Okay, so, I'm a super newbie at knitting, so I have a couple questions...

I don't know how to knit with circular needles nor do I have any, so could I, say, knit two separate pieces and seam them together?  Circular needles look a little intimidating!  And to switch yarn colors, do I just tie the tails in a knot and trim?

Sorry for the stupid questions, gah!  I feel silly, but I really want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start my scarf.  Just not sure yet whether I want a Ravenclaw (book version) or a Slytherin one.

Smiley There are no silly questions when you are trying to learn, silly! Tongue

First: If you are going to seam (which,for me, is harder to do than using circs, LOL!) you should just make one piece and seam it up the side - not two... you'd cast on the 70 stitches or whatever it calls for, knit it straight, and then seam it up the side.
To use circulars: All you do is cast on, knit that first row, and when you get to the end where normally you'd turn your work and start over, you just grab the end and knit it to the beginning, and keep on knitting for the next 413 rows, LOL! (I hate to purl, so I love circs for this scarf.)

All I do to join my ends is tie them in a knot - there may be other ways, but that's easier for me.

www.knittinghelp.com has a great video to teach circular knitting, if you wanted to try it.

Good Luck, and remember to show us pictures!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
facelikeallama
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2005 07:13:04 PM »

Smiley There are no silly questions when you are trying to learn, silly! Tongue

First: If you are going to seam (which,for me, is harder to do than using circs, LOL!) you should just make one piece and seam it up the side - not two... you'd cast on the 70 stitches or whatever it calls for, knit it straight, and then seam it up the side.
To use circulars: All you do is cast on, knit that first row, and when you get to the end where normally you'd turn your work and start over, you just grab the end and knit it to the beginning, and keep on knitting for the next 413 rows, LOL! (I hate to purl, so I love circs for this scarf.)

All I do to join my ends is tie them in a knot - there may be other ways, but that's easier for me.

www.knittinghelp.com has a great video to teach circular knitting, if you wanted to try it.

Good Luck, and remember to show us pictures!! Smiley

Thank you!  And one more question... when knitting with circular needles, how is it that you get a stockinette stitch when you're just knitting and not purling at all?  Shouldn't that end up being a garter stitch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf
The Birds and The Bees

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...