A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
314 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lotus Painting  (Read 2433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Shanalicious
« on: August 18, 2005 11:11:49 PM »

My boyfriend and I are in the process of building a house, and I get to be the lucky one to decorate it.. I'm thinking kind of going for a zen, calming feeling throughout the house, and this is the first piece of artwork. You can also seen in the corner the 2nd one that is drying. It will have in black the 'om' symbol. I'll post when it's finished.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arksiel
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005 11:55:17 PM »

the painting looks great....very simple and stylized! what type of frame will you use? or will they be hung open-canvas?

in other news, I think we have the same monitor. or same monitor range. mines a samsung 997df ( yes Im a geek. but it accompanies my powerbook so I give it lots of credit)

Cyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shanalicious
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005 07:40:52 AM »

I'm thinking open canvas.. it's already nice and simple, and I think a frame would sort of complicate it.

and we do have the same monitor =D I like it.. it's huge, but its so crisp and bright
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005 10:11:21 AM »

That's lovely!

You know you sometimes get paintings which are open-canvas, but kind of on a 'box'? I think it would look good like that. Or maybe i'm just dumb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Shanalicious
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005 10:24:18 AM »

oh yeah, well those are usually the canvas stretched over a frame.. my canvasses are just flat, so I couldn't really do that.. but I do know what you mean and I like the look of those.. I may do my canvasses like that from now on
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gypsygurl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005 10:28:21 AM »

*turns green with envy*

Fantastic! I cant wait to see the rest and hear how the house turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Secret Society of Tortured Daughters-In-Law - Hate your MIL? Join the Society today!
fancyjulia
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005 05:17:47 PM »

That's really pretty. My boyfriend and I are going to be building a house next summer! It sounds like a lot of work, but I get excited about decorating! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Paulasews
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005 08:43:25 AM »

in other news, I think we have the same monitor. or same monitor range. mines a samsung 997df ( yes Im a geek. but it accompanies my powerbook so I give it lots of credit)

Cyn

that's so funny because I completely ignored the pc and was checking out the sewing machine and overlocker with just a hint of envy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shanalicious
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005 11:36:52 AM »

Haha.. My sewing machine rocks, and you'd think that "singer tiny serger" would suck, but it actually does an alright job.. I just wish it cut the fabric as well.. Oh well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...