A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everyone's Doing It Shrug (w/ Link to Free Pattern!!)  (Read 90171 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Huhwhat?
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006 05:58:14 PM »

Oh good. This really is an ingenius little thingy, and quick. I made this last summer to keep from freezing to death at a convention where the AC was insanely cold.  I started when I got home and had it finished in a couple of hours to wear the next day.

I wear mine all the time in the summer, when I go to movies and the AC is too cold for tank tops. It folds up and fits into my purse, too. Very handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2006 01:01:27 AM »

This was the pattern which got me back knitting after years away from my needles.  I used some (less than 50g I think) Sirdar denim-style acrylic I had kicking around from a baby sweater I'd made for my daughter, it worked up in a couple of hours and I have worn it to absolute death - I adore it.

I would post a pic, but it's in such a sorry state after being chucked in the washing machine a hundred times over and suffering plenty other abuse it's getting rather tired.  Time for a replacement, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charaxesdistanti
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006 05:54:35 PM »

Ok, I love how this looks on everyone else, except myself Sad It makes me look slouchy. I was thinking of adding a collar but I am not quite sure how to go about doing so, any suggestions ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Tell us a story, I know you're not boring"
Nifty Crafter
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2006 06:46:45 PM »

Ok, I love how this looks on everyone else, except myself Sad It makes me look slouchy. I was thinking of adding a collar but I am not quite sure how to go about doing so, any suggestions ?

What type of collar? A shawl collar or a regular collar? I suppose there are many diffrent options...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charaxesdistanti
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006 07:17:14 PM »

I honestly don't know the different types of collars, is there any nice one that anyone can suggest? I was thinking of just knitting a rectangle and sewing it on, would that work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Tell us a story, I know you're not boring"
rachillsk8
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2006 07:53:32 PM »

OOh that's cute!  I'm a teacher, and I'm always looking for ways (other than cardigans and my jean jacket) to make all my cute strapless or spaghetti strap dresses appropriate for school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nifty Crafter
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2006 08:37:52 AM »

I honestly don't know the different types of collars, is there any nice one that anyone can suggest? I was thinking of just knitting a rectangle and sewing it on, would that work?

It sounds like it might...but I'm not too sure.

Since this project doesn't take up much time or yarn, you could just try experimenting with diffrent alterations and designs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dollface
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2006 05:10:20 PM »

what yarn are you all using to make this? i think i might start mine in some simply soft that i probably won't use for anything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadkitty
"Not I," said the cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2006 10:25:28 AM »

Hmmm okay so I love this shrug except I'm not really wild about the whole drop rows. Maybe I could just garter or st st across the back?? lol Or maybe I'll just try this first and try my own version later.  Cheesy And maybe I will make longer sleeves for that one...gee, I'm totally off.

I also wonder if this is possible to knit with some bulkier yarn...maybe on some larger needles. I've got some lovely alpaca wool that I'd like to use up. It's too pretty to sit at the bottom of my yarn bag!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006 10:31:37 AM by shadkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One must either be a work of art, or wear one." Oscar Wilde
http://www.myspace.com/shadkitty

http://shadkitty.blogspot.com/
Juniper
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2006 11:12:59 AM »

Is there a way to make the sleeves longer? I wouldn't mind having them to my elbow...

I guess just repeat the first 2 rows more?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 23, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Coral Bead Bracelet
Flowers In Your Hair

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...