A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
291 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Medieval/Renaissance Swap Gallery  (Read 10491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
knitrrgrrl
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005 10:30:51 AM »

Got my wonderful package of goodies from kiwitart on Friday. She sent me so much! Thanks sweety! I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

My favorite bit is the coconut, heeheehee.

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005 12:37:15 PM »

I'm not in this swap, but Hawkwolf, that necklace is divine!!  I just had to tell you how wonderful it is, and definitely fit for royals!

Meredith
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005 12:57:38 PM »

Isn't Hawkwolf the best??  I bought a gorgeous, drapey chain maille barrette from him a while back.  When I was ready to organize a swap for the first time, I knew he had to be a part of it.  So I tracked him down and begged shamelessly.   Cheesy

I was at a ren faire on Saturday and went in a couple of chainmaille shops.  I was delighted to be browsing other artists work and thinking to myself, "Nah... they've got nothing on Hawkwolf..."

Check out his website!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005 07:27:35 AM »

I keep coming back to the gallery to look at Hawkwolf's necklace.  Wow!  I really like the accent beads - just enough to break up the chain, but still keeping with the overall pattern.  Very nice!  You are quite a designer, Hawkwolf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
kiwitart
Angry Pixie

Writing is like butterfly soup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005 06:58:25 PM »

I finally got the pictures for my lovely stuff from knitrrgrrl!

There's me modeling my skirt, which I must say I adore.

Me modeling the full outfit (the top is a bit undone, I'm making it into a corset top)

The cutest sandals ever

And this is what I believe is an unintentional present sent along.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 09:40:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
super geek
"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005 07:03:22 PM »

weah!  I can't beleive I missed this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
Writer78
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005 07:23:42 PM »

Oh, gosh, kiwi - I LOVE those sandals!!  Hooray for knitrrgrrl and her sewing skills!

Everyone has checked in, and almost everyone has sent.  We're having a little concern over where Pegacorn's package has gotten to, so please everybody, make sure to get those DC numbers!  Hopefully we can work it out all smoothly and no one's goodies will get lost in transit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hawkwolf

I love to Maille!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 10:34:56 PM »

He he! Cool skirt and sandals!!

What Ren faire, Writer78?

Gawrsh....I didn't really expect all the compliments on the jewelry! Thanks everyone!! I tend not to compare my stuff to ren faire maille, either....no offense to them, it's just more feasible to make a bunch of things out of bigger rings, than to make a couple things out of little rings..... Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom chain maille for sale!
"http://www.Hawkwolfs.com/"
 Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements
onthinice
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005 05:43:00 AM »

Great faerie costume, Knitrrgrrl!  The ivy shoes are the icing on the cake.  It is always a bummer for me when I see a fab costume, but the person forgot to include everyday items like shoes in the grand scheme of the look.  Kiwitart got a winner of a swap partner with you - and with Halloween just around the corner.  My favorite holiday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Writer78
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005 06:00:37 AM »

What Ren faire, Writer78?

The Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin.  They're pretty big, and they have a couple of chainmaille shops with considerable selection.  I was delighted that I didn't find anything like my pearl-and-red necklace; it's unique!!  (I'm still awaiting delivery of the medieval gown that's being sewn for me.  When I get it, I'll be able to take full costume pics and show you how the jewelry matches the dress.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...