A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
148 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need some sympathy...  (Read 1561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
monstergirl
« on: August 01, 2005 12:33:52 AM »

I'm only posting this because I know many of you can relate.

I had a horrible crafting day today.

I frantically finished sewing a gypsy skirt (with lining) for dinner tonight with the boy's family; my sewing machine is 60+ years old, and refuses to make stitches longer than "1" (no 2, no 6; just 1.), that are impossible to rip out. We're 1/2 hr late to see the family, I sew up the waistband and THE SKIRT IS TOO TIGHT AROUND MY HIPS. I measured and drafted for my hips (widest part of me), and it somehow is 1" too narrow. And I can't rip out the seams and re-sew...see the problem with stitch length above.

So we have dinner (I'm wearing pants), then the four of us (boy, Mom, Sister, and me) sit around and do needlework. I'm halfway through our Marquior Story tree(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/passion.broderie/grilles/marquoirisav/marquoirstorysomm.htm found here at Craftster), when it is decided that the color blends too well with my background, and I must rip it out. Oh, and it's 100% single ply silk thread on 32 ct linen (NOT evenweave, just linen), and it's only taken me, oh, about 3 hours of constant work to get where I'm at now. Need I mention I'm the most behind out of the four of us stitchers? Now I'm doubly-behind.

Some days I just wish I wasn't so damn crafty. I think it's gonna send me to an early grave!
peace
monstergirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetpeahandcrafts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005 08:48:07 AM »

Sorry you had such a rough day!  I hate days where I wake up wanting to be supercrafty and then destroy everything I touch Smiley  It's never one thing I maim, it's one after another. 

Chin up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purses, Retro Aprons and Other Accessories!
www.sweetpeahandcrafts.com
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005 09:03:16 AM »

I feel your pain. Maybe it will make you feel better than never, not one, niente, nada peice of clothing that I have sewed on a machine has ever fit correctly. Bleh.

However, I think your frustration should be melted away by the fact that your boy sits around with you and his family and does needlework! What a cool guy to have around, lucky girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005 01:12:46 PM »

I can totally understand what you went through with the skirt. I did the same...on SEVERAL occasions. Your RUMP sticks out more than you would know *snigger*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005 09:08:44 PM »

you are not alone here! I have littterally  torn out a stupid hem three times because I didn't sew it right. SOmething that should be ten minutes can wreck a whole afternoon! Believe me I share your frustration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005 11:30:30 PM »

that's just poopy.  i hate the days that my sewing machine hates me- sometimes it makes gross knotty stuff that i can't see until i'm done and i flip the piece over.  some days i can't get my zig zag stitches to stay in... they come out randomly and then whatever i was finishing looks like crap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...