A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
278 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 43236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 18, 2019 08:38:03 PM »

I suppose all the pdf tutorials will disappear too. I'd better make sure I have downloaded all the ones I want. and screen shots of my bookmarks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #781 on: December 18, 2019 08:56:37 PM »

I didn't know this was here either!

64 days, 3 hours and 40 minutes

Seems like it should be more. I can't help but look around my home and see so many things I've had for YEARS that I received from swaps and members here. From my tree skirt, to art on my walls, to handcrafted bags, to a gorgeous lap quilt, to embroidered dish towels, to cat toys - so much of my life has been touched by the kindness, awesomeness, and creativity of those here on this site. I could fill a gallery with the wonderful things I've filled my home with from this site!

Suffice to say, this place in this form will be greatly missed. But, like my namesake we will rise again like the phoenix and be reborn into something new and wondrous I am sure from these ashes.

Thank you to everyone who has made this such an amazing ride all these years.

So one last time, this is that crazy tree of life girl, PFD herself, aka Miss M. Turner signing off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
« Reply #782 on: December 18, 2019 08:59:20 PM »

Thank you to everyone who made Craftster what it is today and made Craftster a home away from home for so many of us. My heart is broken, but I love this community and cant wait to start the next adventure with you all in Craftier pastures.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019 09:00:55 PM by kwality570 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aniraangel
« Reply #783 on: December 18, 2019 09:37:15 PM »

Well, we're still logged in, so I guess we sit with her until she goes.

I really did spend a lot of the last twelve years here, I'm just much too quiet. It's always been my first port of call when I wanted to know something or see how something was done or if my idea was new. Pinterest doesn't compare, the only thing close is flickr and they're pricing most people off the platform.

Excited for the new home, too, but it feels a bit like losing the library of Alexandria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUK-8M3Vhzc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
« Reply #784 on: December 18, 2019 09:51:34 PM »

118 days 3 hours online. I'm afraid to go to sleep, as if staying up and online means the site wont become closed

This place and all you lovely people have meant more to me than I have words to say. See you all on discord, mewe, facebook, reddit, and hopefully very soon at our new home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 18, 2019 09:58:38 PM »

IB is headquartered in Segundo, California so we may have two hours left til midnight. Or, maybe theyll pull the plug at some predetermined hour or 11:59 their time of the 19th. Who can say?

In a way its like the lights going down on our crafty home, like were all packing for a journey. Theres a light on the horizon, and were about to set off towards it. Were not exactly sure where it is but we know we will all see each other there again, and were hopeful and excited to arrive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS - CRAFTSTER
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2019 10:00:24 PM »

I expected it to be gone when I came to log on just now. Its only 8pm here, but 1am on the east coast...

Love you all and see you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2019 10:22:13 PM »

Over here the 19th has already begun... Today we are celebrating Christmas at my school so I guess I wont be able to check in on Craftster today....

I already met lots of you over at Discord. I really hope we can find ourselves a new permanent home.

Didnt sleep well, feeling sad... Again, thanks all for my crafty adventures with you  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2019 10:23:33 PM »

Maybe they'll forget to flip the off switch...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's go out swinging!
my website  http://wingsnthings.tripod.com/
my ebay  https://tinyurl.com/steiconi
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2019 10:38:33 PM »

It feels like waiting for the Titanic to sink. Maybe if enough of us stay online she won't  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...