A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
257 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 22233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2019 07:03:38 AM »

So many Craftster memories, so many ways it touched all of our lives. Thank you to everyone for sharing.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're always welcome to visit my blog.

Long live Craftster!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftster/
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2019 07:49:49 AM »

This site has enriched my life immeasurably since I joined in 2008. The over 100 swaps in which I participated encouraged me to try new things and connect with people. My house is decorated in craftster swap beauty. The generosity of our members is legendary (aren't we always saying "wow I got so spoiled!")! The craftalongs pushed my creativity and I will always be grateful to the organizers, mods, and everyone who joined in by posting projects and comments. You're fantastic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not goodbye friends - find me on the reddit group, on instagram @oceanna.kolb and oceanna.kolb at gmail. <3<3<3
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2019 07:56:09 AM »

I have only been around sporadically for YEARS, but I joined just 6 months after Craftster was founded, and spent years as Knitting mod and co-mod of Crochet, and I have so many friendships here.

When I started at Craftster, I USED to crochet, in the past-tense. Craftster is the reason why I picked up the hooks again, and it's the reason why I taught myself to knit, which is the reason why I taught my MOM to knit, which is the reason SHE worked in a yarn shop teaching classes for several years and made numerous steadfast friends THERE... And Craftster is the reason why I learned to spin, too, which is the class I was at when my grandmother died, which is why I took my drop spindle with me on the trip for the funeral, which is why my aunt saw me spinning at the wake, which is why she knew what she was looking at when she found (and sent me) a hand-made drop spindle in Grandma's things, that we believe my great-grandpa made for my great-grandma. Craftster is the reason I was inspired to get out my sewing machine again, which is why I got into costuming, which is why I got into boothing at ren faires, which is how I really reconnected with my best friend from FIRST GRADE, which is how I met a BUNCH of my best friends, and how my kid got on the cast as a fae, which is how I started getting costume commissions.

Here I am, an avid knitter, crocheter, designer, general fiber artist, costumer, someone who wants to open a needlework museum and archive and crafting space (really, it's a goal), someone with more than one crafting side business, and I really do owe it all to Craftster. It has rippled up and down the generations of my family, in ways I never could have predicted when I joined, and I am astounded by it's closing.

I am going back through my own posts to archive my work on my own blog, just in case, and I've joined several of the alternative social media spaces already in place. As a former mod, I'll put in as much time as I can helping Sweets and Racky and Pam and everyone find a way to recover from this.

I love Craftster, I love Craftsters. </3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2019 08:33:26 AM »

I was crying earlier and now I'm just mad.  I'm mad at the flippant "Bee Tee Dubs, we're closing", I'm mad that this site can be thrown away like that.  I've been here since 2005 when I was in college and I needed a place of peace.  My crafting ability has grown by leaps and bounds.  Most recently, my son has gone to school full time and I'm back to getting more involved with the site.  I never even knew what ATCs were until I saw the swap and joined.  My Halloween Chunky Houses swap is my crafty baby.  I just.... RAAAAAAAWRRRR!!!

I would throw money at whomever to save this place.  I'm going to join the Reddit.

I don't know what more to say other than thank you all for being a part of my life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Halloween Crafts on Flickr
Instagram: the_real_irid3sc3nt
Reddit: the_real_irid3sc3nt
Email: [email protected]
Discord: irid3sc3nt(iri)
ATCsforALL: irid3sc3nt
greybird
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2019 08:41:19 AM »

I have seen a few posts mentioning that the mods are updating the FB group and talking about the future there.

I do not have a facebook, nor am I willing to join facebook, so I have no way to put in my thoughts about the future there.  I don't want to lose touch with everyone from Craftster.  So I want to put in my vote here:

Please do not choose facebook as the future of Craftster.   Cry

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2019 08:43:00 AM »

I have seen a few posts mentioning that the mods are updating the FB group and talking about the future there.

I do not have a facebook, nor am I willing to join facebook, so I have no way to put in my thoughts about the future there.  I don't want to lose touch with everyone from Craftster.  So I want to put in my vote here:

It will not be a permanent home. Just a temporary place. Keep the faith. If you are comfortable with Reddit, there is a group there too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2019 08:44:57 AM »

this is so heart breaking, i have been part of this community for so long and met some amazing friends through this site, even some in real life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
greybird
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2019 08:45:42 AM »

Thank you!!!   Kiss   I was really worried!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2019 09:00:14 AM »

Greybird, no one is planning on moving there permanently.  It's simply the easiest temporary landing spot, since so many members do already have a Facebook.  A way to keep some sense of continuity between Craftster, and whatever wonderful thing comes next.  For example, the HP Craftalong is in the middle of it's term right now.  The best way for me to keep the most members spirits up over the holidays, is to keep the Craftalong running there while we work things out. 

#CraftstersNeverSayDie  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2019 09:03:58 AM »

OMG I just realized I'm gonna have to start working at work!  AAAAHHHHHH, sad day indeed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...