A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 22185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2019 06:00:35 AM »

I have to say, this is so painful to share all the disappointment, shock and dismay everybody is expressing BUT! I've loved reading your stories of how you came to Craftster and what it's meant to you over the years. This has been such a lovely way to recount all the times we've shared. I joined in 2006, I've swapped 116 times, I've met people, some of you have been in my home, we have shared so much! I had babies, moved across the country and back, met my man, bought our house, learned so many new things here, and most months for all those years I have sent and received mail from you wonderful, marvelous people! My daugther too grew up on Craftster love and learned that she can make ANYTHING she can think up and if she stumbles, there is a world of talented, generous people out there who are more than willing to share their skills, their secrets, and their encouragement to help guide the way. Dang, I love y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Ludi
May the Ghost Squid be with you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2019 06:04:40 AM »

The only other place on the internet that I have found is nearly as kind as the Craftster community is the https://permies.com/forums .  The one rule of behavior there is "Be Nice" and it is intensively moderated.   But crafting is not the main focus, it is mostly about gardening, farming, and homesteading.

I have never formed friendships on there like I have here.  I do not want to lose you all.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

http://ernestthesiger.org/
http://immenseminiatures.com/
Watsonc7
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2019 06:05:09 AM »

I have swapped there, too, but ultimately deleted my acct because I did not care for it. It was too impersonal for me.

I totally get the impersonal part!  Of all the groups Ive joined on there, it took me years to finally find the few groups where Ive found my people.  Having a group specifically for Craftsters could definitely make it more personal though, ya?  I pretty much steer clear of the public forums and only swap with the groups that Im comfortable in.  Nothing will ever compare to Craftster though, she will forever be my favorite child.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2019 06:09:34 AM »

I love permies too ludi, though I havent' participated there in many years.

We will keep hold of each other, in one form or another. I have a gigantic list of contact information for almost everybody I've ever swapped with. I will be sending out personal messages with my address to as many people as I can before the 18th. I hope this will be a trend so we can at least send cards to each other and maybe get a big group message when a new meeting place is solutioned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2019 06:22:22 AM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Averia
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2019 06:26:34 AM »

I have to say, this is so painful to share all the disappointment, shock and dismay everybody is expressing BUT! I've loved reading your stories of how you came to Craftster and what it's meant to you over the years. This has been such a lovely way to recount all the times we've shared. I joined in 2006, I've swapped 116 times, I've met people, some of you have been in my home, we have shared so much! I had babies, moved across the country and back, met my man, bought our house, learned so many new things here, and most months for all those years I have sent and received mail from you wonderful, marvelous people! My daugther too grew up on Craftster love and learned that she can make ANYTHING she can think up and if she stumbles, there is a world of talented, generous people out there who are more than willing to share their skills, their secrets, and their encouragement to help guide the way. Dang, I love y'all!

Never forget the butter tarts  Cry  Cry  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2019 06:30:27 AM »

imera-you have gotten more of your share of bad crap happening to you this year.  I'm so sorry-for all of us, really-that it has to end like this.

All of us Craftsters will be meeting in another place, I am sure of it, and we will all be together again.

Don't give up hope!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2019 06:37:12 AM »

This is like a death in the family. I know that I am not the only one shedding tears. I have loved this site, and all of you. My insane work schedule has made it difficult for me to participate as frequently as I wouldve liked in the last couple of years, but this was always home. And are used to love coming back and  catching up with what everyone was doing. It was like a little family reunion every time I got online. I will miss it so desperately.

I was talking to my husband as well, and even though he isnt a crafter, does not understand the allure of swapping and thinks that we are all just a little bit crazy (LOL) He wants me to have him look at site and see if we can figure out how to create a place that we could go. I am determined not to lose a single one of you!

I would also like to add my thanks to everyone who made this place so unique and special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noelle
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2019 06:40:01 AM »

So sorry to hear about this. Good luck and many thanks to the admins trying to find alternatives!

I have had good luck with chat/photo groups on the Band app. Just throwing out another option people may not be familiar with. But I trust the admins to come up with a great solution!

Hope to swap with you all again soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2019 06:54:00 AM »

I want to make sure I post this now, even though I will be active on this site till the end. 

I could write so many things right now, about how sad I am, etc...  But I want my last hurrah here to be positive.  Craftster and all it's members, and especially the mods, deserve that.

I've been a member here ten years or so and have over 100 swaps under my belt.  My house is FULL of beautiful, thoughtful, exquisite swap items.  No matter what happens, I am thoroughly grateful that I had my time here and that I'll be able to look around my home and feel comforted by all that Craftster love.

Now that I'm trying to write, my head is literally spinning with all the thoughts and love and memories and it's hard to pick out just a few to write about.

I guess I'm just going to say that I am so beyond grateful for Craftster for so many things.  The two most important being that I was able to experience crafty beauty in all its forms (and learn how to do it myself, if I so wanted), and the friendships I have made here that I will carry in my heart forever.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, everyone!

I love you guys!  ((((HUGS)))))   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...