A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
257 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 86739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gozer
If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2019 12:09:22 PM »

Okay, question. Maybe I am not understand everything right about it going into archive. Does that mean all our comments will still stay? And we can still search for all the post we or others have made? The only thing is our mail, My Craftster information, and the ability to add anything to the site will be gone. But we can come back on and look at old posts and stuff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

stay weird

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2019 12:09:54 PM »

I created a discord server, https://discord.gg/JYnnJY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DISCORD
Please pm me for a discord invite!
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2019 12:27:44 PM »

I echo everyone else - shock, panic, fear, disbelief, and deep, deep sense of loss. I have loved this community and it's been such a big part of my online life since I joined in 2007. Heck, I've been in like 20 rounds of the Traveling Little Visitor swap (and am currently right now!) and made friends I've literally met in real life because of this site!! (Seriously, even good friends who live overseas I've met in person from this site!)

I just don't know what to say. How can this be?? How can they just shut us down like this? So many things in my home came from swaps. They're pieces of my life and the thought of losing that connection to all of you is devastating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2019 12:32:31 PM »

I have never found an online community like Craftster. Most FB groups leave me cold and you can never follow anything anyway unless you are on 24/7. I hit FB about once a week to catch baby pictures.

So losing this community hits hard. What an amazing group of supportive, loving souls. The Mods keep us all in line with a gentle nudge now and then and keep the fun rolling with swaps, craft along, tut curation, and so much more. I love the April Fool's day weirdness and the calling out of posts of past goodness.

And where, oh where, will I get to see so many amazing crafts, upcycles, fun fails, and ideas. And my mailbox will be so sad, it's crying icicles right now.

Thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my obsessive crafty heart for all of you who have given hundreds of hours to making this a magical community.

And yes, I've joined discord and reddit...we shall see. I think Discord will work better for us with the ability to create topics, subtopics, side conversations. I haven't used it much, but I have a friend who is obsessed with Kitten.Academy's discord community.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
BigBangMomma
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019 12:37:25 PM »

Nooooooooo! This is just awful! Cry Cry Cry Cry

This site has given me so much crafty inspiration in the 13 years I have been a member. I have learned so much from, and been inspired by, this wonderful sharing, caring community. My heart is in tatters...

Will we have access to our bookmarks and PMs as part of the archived site? I dont know how Ill be able to save all of that by the 19th.

edelC, thanks for starting the Reddit space! It may not be perfect, but at least its something!

I am so sorry, ADD. Sad Sad

No, we will not be able to access our accounts.  On December 19, there will be no access to post editing, PMs, profile modifications, etc.  I will lose system access as well, so I won't be able to provide any technical assistance.  Prior to December 19, please please please try to retrieve anything from your account you do not want to lose.

Thanks for the speedy reply, sweets4ever! I think Ill try to set up a Pinterest board, and keep my fingers crossed that all the links work.

I am so stunned by this news, I just cant believe it! I feel like I felt after the last election... Im waiting for someone to say, Sorry! We made a mistake! Itll be fixed soon!

I know what you mean. It's like the Worst April Fool's joke ever! Edelc, I joined reddit to try out your group. I can't lose you guys. Many of us follow each other on Instagram. I've hosted and participated in swaps over there, and would be happy to host and teach others how we can swap over there, too. The drawback is there is no feedback system for checks and balances, but it's an option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster "FAMmunity,"

I love you all.

See you where we all end up!
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2019 12:38:09 PM »

Okay, question. Maybe I am not understand everything right about it going into archive. Does that mean all our comments will still stay? And we can still search for all the post we or others have made? The only thing is our mail, My Craftster information, and the ability to add anything to the site will be gone. But we can come back on and look at old posts and stuff?

To our knowledge, yes, the project threads will remain.  There will no longer be a login options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
BigBangMomma
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2019 12:41:15 PM »

I broke down when I read it, and keep on crying sporadically.  Even for the ones that haven't been on Craftster for awhile, I'm sure that it was helpful for them to know it was here if they chose to go back on.

I saw the news on my phone while waiting in the check out line. Now, tears are just gushing. I am feeling mildly better seeing so many go over to the reddit page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster "FAMmunity,"

I love you all.

See you where we all end up!
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2019 12:42:31 PM »

My tech people (hubby, and I also happen to work in this field! As a receptionist, haha, but I'm surrounded by smarties) are telling me it's not difficult to start and run a community forum like this one. We would not be able to drag projects over from here but if you have your pics and can find online photo hosting somewhere to link from, things could be reposted. Or, you know, y'all just keep making awesome stuff and we start fresh. Let me talk it over with these fabulous geniuses and get back to you. Do not give up hope! I am not giving up you, that's for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2019 12:43:36 PM »

Thank you so much for creating the Reddit and Discord!

Beyond those, can we please request that no other "Craftster" public groups, boards, etc. be created at this time?  We (mods/personal) are doing our best to come up with a path for the future, but we need a bit of time to process and plan accordingly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
ilovesnails
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2019 12:44:35 PM »

Wow! I'm just so sad to hear this. After 11.5 years with you guys, and all the support I've had with my son getting through cancer and all that good stuff. I'm so sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...