A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 22176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2019 09:42:15 AM »

Oh dear. I have back ups of any photos I wanted to keep in my personal computer files because once loaded up online the quality decreases.
You can click on them and save img to your computer but your own originals will be better.

How to save tutorials is the question I'm asking myself. I might start a wordpress blog or something just to have a place to stash them. It's gonna be a momentous task though because I did not keep back ups of those images, only the finished projects. Sigh. I'll focus on the best of the best. Now I just gotta figure out which ones those are...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2019 09:49:18 AM »

Oh dear. I have back ups of any photos I wanted to keep in my personal computer files because once loaded up online the quality decreases.
You can click on them and save img to your computer but your own originals will be better.

How to save tutorials is the question I'm asking myself. I might start a wordpress blog or something just to have a place to stash them. It's gonna be a momentous task though because I did not keep back ups of those images, only the finished projects. Sigh. I'll focus on the best of the best. Now I just gotta figure out which ones those are...

Tutorials should all still be available once the site goes in to archive mode. Think of it as being in read only mode. No new info or posts will ever be added but the old posts should still be accessible as far as I'm aware.

- of course without access to our accounts, no ability to sign in or chat etc
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019 09:51:28 AM by Some_Girl - Reason: clarify no account access » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS - CRAFTSTER
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2019 09:52:36 AM »

Tutorials should all still be available once the site goes in to archive mode. Think of it as being in read only mode. No new info or posts will ever be added but the old posts should still be accessible as far as I'm aware.

This is correct.

It's always good to save a copy for yourself just in case as well.  You never know what might happen (obviously Cry).  For December 19, the sense of urgency is anything you can only access while logged into your account (PMs, FOC stuff, etc.).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Contact me personally:
  Personal Crafty Chat Group on Facebook
  Check out this Crafty Fundraiser
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2019 10:01:09 AM »

sweets4ever what is going to happen to the FoC boards, will they be visible for everybody or deleted forever? Can mods move a couple of those topics that are not super personal to another public board and get rid of the rest? I do not relish the idea of having to scour that section to delete all the things I posted that were not meant for the entire world. I sure hope that is not going to be neccessary...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKERS GONNA MAKE, YO!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2019 10:17:33 AM »

Ok. So please help me understand how we go about saving our photos that we uploaded here? I'm not techie at all....

I went into my photo hosting on here. (196 pages! and there are many that I more recently directly uploaded) and mostly just pinned them to a secret pinterest board.

I am using a chrome browser and have the pinterest extension (google it if you don't have it) so whenever I look at a photo on this side, the 'pin it' button appears on the top left. Because there are so many photos, it seems to be the fasted way. But as CLM said, the quality will not be as good as the originals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Smmarrt
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2019 10:53:39 AM »

What about a plain old letter writing (email writing) campaign to Internet Brands?
Like when fans try to save tv shows? Are we a large enough group to do this?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019 10:57:44 AM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2019 10:58:22 AM »

Kickstarter for New Craftster!

Things are happening to make this a reality....  More info to follow as soon as I have it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

***Please join the Craftster Discord!***

« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2019 11:04:37 AM »

Loving the sound of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't lose touch!
Ask Joyful Clover or audio for an invite to our "Crafty Pals" Discord!
Proud Craftster since 2011.

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram.
#CraftsterFriendsForever
#CraftsterNeverSaysDie
#MoreThanACraftWebsite

[email protected]
Joined the Craftster Reddit and Discord
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2019 11:59:46 AM »

Kickstarter for New Craftster!

Things are happening to make this a reality....  More info to follow as soon as I have it.  Cheesy

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2019 12:28:16 PM »

I will do whatever is necessary to save Craftster!

Let me know if any money, time, skill, effort, etc... is needed and I'm here.  I'm home on disability, so I have a lot of time on my hands.

I made a reddit account, but is there a special "spot" that all the Craftsters are going to?  If so, how do I do it?  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...