A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftster Site Announcement  (Read 45982 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2019 09:10:24 AM »

Beth, haha Cheesy.

Jennie, thank you for making links in your signature! Easy access.

I am loving these stories, leave it to us to make a beautiful swan song farewell. Le sigh, y'all are so awesome.

CRAFTSTERERS FOR LIFE! Somebody make some merit badges as a fund raiser, I'd buy! XO

I'd buy one or five to save this place
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2019 09:12:44 AM »

I do not have a facebook, nor am I willing to join facebook, so I have no way to put in my thoughts about the future there.  I don't want to lose touch with everyone from Craftster.  So I want to put in my vote here:

I don't have FB either, so there is a reddit craftster group.

but I am hoping that both FB and reddit are just our temporary refugee camps. We can touch base there, keep in the loop and when we have a new home, we can all be there.

I've spent the last hour scraping my messages here for email addresses. if anyone needs mine, just pm me. Or contact me on reddit. The usernames there now have our craftster names as well, which is especially helpful for those who couldn't get the same name over there

Now to spend time saving every photo I have uploaded to here.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2019 09:13:24 AM »

Nothing can save this place, it's a sad truth. Sometimes fixing an old site becomes impossible, it needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up and that is costly. But we are gonna rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and renew this community elsewhere, of that I have no doubt. We may end up breaking off into splinter groups so we need to go to one place for yarn, another for paper, etc, but we can find each other and stay connected. I envision a lot of signature lines that cause tears and smiles in equal measure.

I am trying to join reddit but someone already has my username. The nerve.

maybe it's me, hahaha. Been so long since I looked at that place, I can't even remember.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
greybird
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2019 09:22:56 AM »

Please do not choose facebook as the future of Craftster.   Cry

Greybird, no one is planning on moving there permanently.  It's simply the easiest temporary landing spot, since so many members do already have a Facebook.  A way to keep some sense of continuity between Craftster, and whatever wonderful thing comes next.  For example, the HP Craftalong is in the middle of it's term right now.  The best way for me to keep the most members spirits up over the holidays, is to keep the Craftalong running there while we work things out. 

#CraftstersNeverSayDie  Wink

It is such a relief to hear it is only temporary.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2019 09:25:23 AM »

I joined the reddit but despite my kid telling me how easy it was, I can't figure it out yet Cheesy  That will have to wait until I spend some quality time with my photo archive here and the 1300 pages of messages......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2019 09:30:57 AM »

Kickstarter for New Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bye for now...
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2019 09:31:48 AM »

Ok. So please help me understand how we go about saving our photos that we uploaded here? I'm not techie at all....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wrote a book!!! A book on spinning! You can find it here: The Trifecta of Hand Spun Yarn
 website with links to everything!

Keep c-ster going
facebook
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2019 09:40:29 AM »

Oh, and not to mention that when I moved I used craftster to find friends in my area.  Basically all my friends where I live I met through that one person who gave me a shot on craftster and welcomed me to their home.  Shout out to Brandy, she's not on here anymore, but... yeah.  Otherwise I would have no one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bye for now...
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2019 09:42:15 AM »

Oh dear. I have back ups of any photos I wanted to keep in my personal computer files because once loaded up online the quality decreases.
You can click on them and save img to your computer but your own originals will be better.

How to save tutorials is the question I'm asking myself. I might start a wordpress blog or something just to have a place to stash them. It's gonna be a momentous task though because I did not keep back ups of those images, only the finished projects. Sigh. I'll focus on the best of the best. Now I just gotta figure out which ones those are...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2019 09:49:18 AM »

Oh dear. I have back ups of any photos I wanted to keep in my personal computer files because once loaded up online the quality decreases.
You can click on them and save img to your computer but your own originals will be better.

How to save tutorials is the question I'm asking myself. I might start a wordpress blog or something just to have a place to stash them. It's gonna be a momentous task though because I did not keep back ups of those images, only the finished projects. Sigh. I'll focus on the best of the best. Now I just gotta figure out which ones those are...

Tutorials should all still be available once the site goes in to archive mode. Think of it as being in read only mode. No new info or posts will ever be added but the old posts should still be accessible as far as I'm aware.

- of course without access to our accounts, no ability to sign in or chat etc
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019 09:51:28 AM by Some_Girl - Reason: clarify no account access » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS - CRAFTSTER
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...