A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Grease! - Rydell High Cheerleader Costume  (Read 1236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
NoShowJr
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019 12:08:01 PM »

How I love this and ONJ!!! This could be my go-to if I ever have to do a costume thing. Super props for the dedication to character.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019 10:54:07 AM »

How I love this and ONJ!!! This could be my go-to if I ever have to do a costume thing. Super props for the dedication to character.

Thank you so much! I had a blast. You totally need one, too! It's fun AND comfortable to  wear, and it's amazing how many people actually recognize it and get excited, despite its low actual screen-time. I had no idea how many people loved Grease before this. Next, time, I think I might aim for the prom dress. I still refuse to wear leather pants... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
NoShowJr
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019 10:59:59 AM »

Just keep reminding yourself that ONJ had to be sewn into those pants and couldnt use the restroom all day! I did wear my aunts Candies all around the house though because they looked so much like the ones in the movie!

The prom dress would probably be less recognized. The Rydell logo helps on the cheerleading costume. It was my favorite in the movie. Mainly because I always wanted to be a cheerleader when I was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019 11:17:53 AM »

Right?! I have been legitimately sewn into a bodice before, and that's fine for several hours, but PANTS would be awful. Yikes.

I agree that the prom dress would be less recognized. I'd need a prop, or a dude dressed as Danny to make it more obvious. Smiley I'll have to work on that. Or, I could buy my medical skeleton a greaser wig... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
NoShowJr
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019 08:14:38 PM »

The hair would maybe help on it? Put that skeleton on wheels and pull him with you! (Reminds me of a scene on Becker where Linda glues herself to the skeleton and has to pull him around all day!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019 01:07:26 PM »

The hair would maybe help on it? Put that skeleton on wheels and pull him with you! (Reminds me of a scene on Becker where Linda glues herself to the skeleton and has to pull him around all day!)

Ha! Grin Well, the skeleton DOES have wheels on his stand. Grin Maybe I'll start poking around for an "Elvis"-y wig. I mean, he is very amenable to all my ridiculous costume efforts so far. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NoShowJr
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019 01:50:06 PM »

So nice when you have cooperation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...