A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ONGOING ATC SWAP - NOV 2019 GALLERY  (Read 8288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
greybird
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2019 11:32:10 AM »

I received this wonderful red riding hood card from callunaSmiley  I love the texture from the layered bits and how you used paint to extend the trees and of course the wolf eyes at the top looming over poor little Red!  Smiley

And then bunny1kenobi sent me this beautiful Christmas lights decorating a snowman with sweet little birdies hanging the lights!  Cheesy  The snowflakes are shimmery silver although I couldn't get a good pic of them to show you.  She said its "Christmas magic" that the lights are glowing even though they aren't plugged in!  Smiley  I love that.  Cheesy

Thanks to both of you for the lovely cards.  Smiley

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greybird
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2019 11:41:24 AM »

Edit: Well it was more clear on my phone.  Now it looks dark.  How does everyone else get clear pics?  Sunlight is the only way my pics turn out. 

I meant to reply to this when posting earlier.   I usually use sunlight as well to take my photos.  I take multiple photos using different settings like macro setting without a flash & normal setting zoomed in and not zoomed in with and without flash.   I take them to my computer and sort through them to find the best, non-blurry one and then I take it into photoshop and clean it up by adjusting levels and colors until it looks as accurate as I can get to the original.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2019 12:09:47 PM »

That wolf is ominous and very cool design. The sweet lighted snowman! Adorable!

I received a very "sharp" cactus from kwality today! I love it!

The washi on the envelope is funny. I need to find a place to reuse it! Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster "FAMmunity,"

I love you all.

See you where we all end up!
greybird
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2019 12:17:08 PM »

Great cactus!  And, lol, I love the washi.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2019 06:46:44 AM »

I love the lights on that snowman!

calluna, so you found a use for all those photographs you showed us, hunh?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2019 07:20:04 AM »

The RRH card is awesome and I live the yeti! Theres more - I need to take the time to sit and comment properly!

I also got a couple Warehouse 13 cards from Linda P- but I didnt have time to post them before we left town for the holiday!!!  Embarrassed Sorry for being such a slacker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2019 10:52:13 AM »

Oh, there's so much to comment on I've given up hope that I'll eventually do it.  Cheesy In short, I'm impressed with everything I've seen here and I'm glad each piece has gone to a deserving home.
 I do want to say, while I have it on my mind, is that Beeker looks like he's giving a lecture on neurology (synapses and such on the screen behind him)... And that delights me to no end! Beeker is great in and of himself, but I really love glimpses into Beeker's daily life. One photographer took him on vacation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/meanderingmouse/albums/72157600603358663

I failed to mention that I love the glittery envelope Linda P sent me as well. I did one of those "OooOOOoo!"s when I pulled it out of the main envelope. Heck, I didn't write a note with any of the cards I sent out, either. I thought there would be a lot of time and mental space this month (that's why I signed up), but that's not how it went! Smiley

There is a bunch of personal meaning in the Little Red Riding Hood card, and I'm aiming to do a lot more of mixing personal imagery and ephemera with drawing, myth and serendipitous found text. I have loads of flops and in-progress things, but this was the first one that really came together how I wanted it to. LBABB saw my large box of photos waiting to be repurposed; now in addition to that I have a number of Ziploc bags full of tiny text fragments which, strung together, create messages that are either uplifting, profound, or silly. I'll be messing with these ideas and trying to birth something meaningful, constructive and cohesive from them for quite a while.

Happy u.s. Thanksgiving everyone! I hope none of you or your loved ones are having a hard time with all the storms happening.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019 10:54:48 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years. Now, lettuce leaf!
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2019 05:03:39 AM »

I love that red riding hood card!
And the snowman with lights is very sweet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2019 09:13:11 AM »

I don't think all of you know that calluna has a very special closet in her home that she goes into and pulls really nifty things out.  I know, I've seen it!  (at the meetup)  Grin  What's extra special about it is that there's no end to it!  It's a magic closet or something, I'm telling ya.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
BigBangMomma
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2019 12:52:39 PM »

I listed sloths as a theme because my daughter loves them and that makes me love them too. They are so cute. Today, I received an adorable sloth card from pioneer9. I mean, soooo cute! I gave him to my daughter and she was tickled! Thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster "FAMmunity,"

I love you all.

See you where we all end up!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...