A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
313 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cozy Toes for Christmas Swap (SO 10/23 - 11/3 CLOSED; Send 12/10)  (Read 4428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019 01:01:58 AM »

I hear you guys, for Anna and I all shipping is internation, but tbh it is less that you guys pay. Have you looked into shipping companies like DHL etc, would it be cheaper.

A PSA if you are shipping internationally, mark your package No Commercial Value, and gift, otherwise we can get stung for customs fees on this side.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Powerhouseofthecell
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019 04:09:21 AM »

A PSA if you are shipping internationally, mark your package No Commercial Value, and gift, otherwise we can get stung for customs fees on this side.

Whoah!  I didnt know about the customs fees!  Yikes.  Thanks for letting us know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im up for personal swaps. Smiley
TAOJ

knitting is life

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2019 05:41:25 AM »

I hear you guys, for Anna and I all shipping is internation, but tbh it is less that you guys pay. Have you looked into shipping companies like DHL etc, would it be cheaper.

Being in Canada I ship internationally a lot of times, the US is cheaper than sending to Europe or Australia, but all of it is unfortunately expensive and just part of swapping. I had stopped swapping for a while due in part to the postage fees and now swap less than I did previously.

You have to watch with companies like DHL as they will charge you the shipper, but than sometimes charge the person receiving it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2019 05:54:23 AM »

I always mark packages a low value as you cannot choose $0. If duty is charged on $5 it is not going to be much. We have the option to indicate things as "Gift" as well, though a value is still required. The only caveat is that if your parcel is lost and you purchased insurance, you can only claim that $5. Shipping woes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Powerhouseofthecell
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019 02:37:16 PM »

Today I cut out my fabric and started to assemble and it isn't looking good. I used a pattern from a blog and the finished product online does not look like mine at all.   Cry Cry Cry  I need to seriously reassess and maybe buy more fabric.  I am not a happy camper right now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019 05:47:23 PM »

I used FedEx to ship a package once (we won't discuss the cost to send said package), and because I put a value on it of $50 (there was an item in there that would have cost that much to replace), the fees on the receiving end were $85! I couldn't make my swap partner pay that...

Today I cut out my fabric and started to assemble and it isn't looking good. I used a pattern from a blog and the finished product online does not look like mine at all.   Cry Cry Cry  I need to seriously reassess and maybe buy more fabric.  I am not a happy camper right now. 

Oh, no!

And, I'm a bit stuck with what to make for you. I was going to make another patch for your mom's  bag, but I saw that you finished it (And it came out gorgeous! I love how well all of the colors worked together!). Can a group of items (that could form a collection) count as one medium item?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Powerhouseofthecell
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2019 06:14:23 PM »

Oh, no!

And, I'm a bit stuck with what to make for you. I was going to make another patch for your mom's  bag, but I saw that you finished it (And it came out gorgeous! I love how well all of the colors worked together!). Can a group of items (that could form a collection) count as one medium item?
[/quote]

craftADDchick, a collection of items would be delightful!  I'm sure I will love anything you make.  For your slippers, I cut up all the pretty purple.  I misjudged the size when I was blowing up the pattern because I tried on what I have done and they fit my size 7 feet snugly. Cry Cry Cry  I'm switching to a different pattern with reliable size guidelines, but now I'll have make them with the red.  I'm kind of bummed about it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2019 06:37:06 PM »

Supply shopping completed today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019 03:01:37 PM »

Making great progress on my crafted item!!! Hopefully this momentum stays and work doesn't get in the way
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2019 05:07:58 PM »

Oh, no!

craftADDchick, a collection of items would be delightful!  I'm sure I will love anything you make.  For your slippers, I cut up all the pretty purple.  I misjudged the size when I was blowing up the pattern because I tried on what I have done and they fit my size 7 feet snugly. Cry Cry Cry  I'm switching to a different pattern with reliable size guidelines, but now I'll have make them with the red.  I'm kind of bummed about it. 
[/quote]

I'm glad you got the pretty purple, at least! And, red will be easy for me to spot when I forget where I took them off... Smiley

I am finishing up a task tonight and that will leave me free to craft for most of the day tomorrow! I am 99% sure I know what I'm making you, and I think I can get most of it done tomorrow. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...