A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cozy Toes for Christmas Swap (SO 10/23 - 11/3 CLOSED; Send 12/10)  (Read 4325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019 02:53:43 AM »

Yay for partners!!! Feel a tad guilty we did do the BYOP option but super excited to be crafting with the bestie!!!

Don't feel guilty. It's the postage (hiked!!) prices that are the problem. I can see that the number of swaps has already reduced considerably over the last 2 years.

I said IYP is an option, it was just the fact that lots of swappers stateside (and everywhere really) got bitten by postage prices and they don't want to send outside US anymore.

All good though. Unfortunately, chase_acow decided to pull out because I couldn't give her anyone to swap with within the US who wasn't already partnered up.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019 03:02:54 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019 03:27:01 AM »

Right back at you most excellent partner  Cheesy

Waving at my most excellent partner Averia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019 10:25:27 AM »

Postage costs suck and they are positively silly from the US, but there is a lot you can do to keep costs down, mostly by crafting with light stuff and use plastic envelopes rather than boxes. I do book binding but I don't often ship it because it's too expensive. So I stick to the lighter stuff, but tbh. Crafting is my hobby and swapping makes me happy, so now i consider postage a craft expense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019 01:54:32 PM »

Crafting is my hobby and swapping makes me happy, so now i consider postage a craft expense.

That's such a great way to think about it! I have gotten scorched on some international shipping costs, but it was mostly my fault because I sent too much or sent at a faster shipping speed. I'm more mindful of that now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
BigBangMomma

***Please join the Craftster Discord!***

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019 03:35:41 PM »

I couldn't let chase_acow not have a partner. I could tell how much she really wanted to participate. Since I was bummed that I don't have a swap slot available, I asked her if she'd like to do this as a side swap with me-- and she said yes! I am really excited that she and I get to have cozy toes for Christmas, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We Are Crafty Pals on Discord. Come keep in touch, too!

Proud Craftster since 2011.

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram.
#CraftsterFriendsForever
#CraftsterNeverSaysDie
#MoreThanACraftWebsite

[email protected]
Joined the Craftster Reddit and Discord.
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019 03:33:01 AM »

Yeah I always forget about postage when signing up lol I did once send a small hoopla, to Canada, about a 5 hr drive from my home, in a padded envelop no rush delivery and it was still $14!!! Then took 2.5 weeks to get there ahhhhhh

I have started crafting and my partner and I speak daily lol If we don't then someones texting going You ok??? what's going on?? Do I need to come over there?? Should I bring wine???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Powerhouseofthecell
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019 04:33:02 AM »

The last time I shipped internationally for a swap it cost a lot, but Im still learning to use the flattest packaging.  I live in a tiny rural town where almost everyone has lived in that community forever.  However, that day the one Dutch lady in the community was also in the post office.  She sent a huge birthday gift package to get mom in the Netherlands.  Her cost made me forget about my swapping sticker shock.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im up for personal swaps. Smiley
Averia
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019 06:09:57 AM »

I will never forget being told over $100 to ship to Grrmany... it was just crap too. Took the candy out, that lets face it, wasnt anything special, and found that 3 pounds is $35 and 4 pounds is 58 i think? I can live with 35, but 58 to over 100 is too much for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

***Please join the Craftster Discord!***

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2019 06:34:55 AM »

Unless I can ship in a letter envelope, or I am doing a large swap  I can't afford to ship internationally.  The cost of even just one small item is insane from the USA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We Are Crafty Pals on Discord. Come keep in touch, too!

Proud Craftster since 2011.

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram.
#CraftsterFriendsForever
#CraftsterNeverSaysDie
#MoreThanACraftWebsite

[email protected]
Joined the Craftster Reddit and Discord.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019 07:20:02 AM »

I'm not in this swap, but just had to chime in.  I totally agree with BBM...even sending something flat and light is so expensive to send internationally.  There's people I would ADORE to swap with (edelC, are you listening? Grin Kiss), but just can't justify the expense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...