A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
174 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What do you look for....  (Read 337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
fatewineroses
« on: October 17, 2019 07:12:53 PM »

....in am embroidery pattern?

I want to make my first embroidery pattern to sell...potentially. I already have a basic drawing worked up,  but am trying to determine what to include with the pattern other than the image, thread colors, etc. So I am coming to my favorite stitchers in hopes of hearing your thoughts.

Also, if anyone would be willing to be a pattern tester, that would be great! I have a coup,e friends who offered to who are not primarily embroiderist. Having some more experienced stitchers would be great! Oh. Its a Harry Potter quote if it matters.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EriChanHime
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019 11:03:21 PM »

Oooh! That sounds lovely! I would potentially be interested in pattern testing, depending on the size/complexity of the design, and how quickly you needed to see a final product. When I look at embroidery patterns, I like to see different scale options, for example. A lot of patterns are for larger scales than I prefer, but sometimes just shrinking a picture doesn't come across the same way. This is especially true for things with flourishes or small details. Also, stitch suggestions are fun, particularly if there are places to use some lesser know stitches. Also, I love to see pictures of several different versions of a finished project photo--different colors, different stitches, different sizes, etc. That makes me feel a pattern is easily personalizable. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!

THANK YOU, CRAFTSTER FAMILY!
fatewineroses
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019 12:38:54 AM »

Awesome. Exactly the kind of detailed answer I was hoping to get from this group! I am not in a hurry on this at all really. Looking at after the end of the year likely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019 08:12:19 AM »

Keep it simple. A lot of detail can be frustrating. Make it fun and somewhat detail but not like a drawing-if that makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019 08:40:16 AM »

It might seem a small thing, but I really appreciate when a pattern makes every 10th line of the grid bolder. I have a very hard time counting stitches when the graphing underlying the pattern is completely uniform.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019 08:42:46 AM »

It might seem a small thing, but I really appreciate when a pattern makes every 10th line of the grid bolder. I have a very hard time counting stitches when the graphing underlying the pattern is completely uniform.

Yes to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...