A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
140 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1/2" hole punch...Where to Find?!?  (Read 9988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

khill

I got an itchin' to do some craftin' MOJO-JOJO!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2004 05:22:36 PM »

i've heard craftsters mention of a half-inch circle punch but cannot locate in any stores. i've tried michael's, scrapbooking stores, etc. to no avail. not even a successful online search. i'm reaching out to anyone who has actually purchased said item from an online store. would you be so kind as to post the link to it?

many thanks...
k.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k.hill

Urban Eclectic
www.urbaneclectic.net

Eclectic Design Studio
www.eclecticdesignstudio.net
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004 05:29:01 PM »

I too looked for a while until recently...I bought one at Michael's! It was in the section where they have the decorative punches. I'm going to try to describe it - it's not the kind that you hold in your hand and squeeze together like a regular office style hole punch. It's with all the punches that make shapes like butterflies and things, it's a boxy piece of plastic...I can't explain it. I hope it makes sense. They had 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and 1 inch punches there. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004 05:41:16 PM »

They seem to sell out fast when they come in.  I ended up ordering one online because I hunted for months.  Each time I'd ask they'd say "we get them in and they sell out within a week."  Crazy.  Maybe you could ask at them to order one in for you or something.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
khill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004 01:23:54 PM »

yeah, i went to michael's too and that's the size that's always "out." must be very popular. i wonder what all these folks are doing with their 1/2" hole punches?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k.hill

Urban Eclectic
www.urbaneclectic.net

Eclectic Design Studio
khill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004 01:36:57 PM »

knit wit gave me an idea. i went back to the internet and EUREKA! I found a site that has an assortment of craft punches (didn't see any on the michael's website although they have an in-store selection - very scant). anywho, very exited after my exhaustive search for the infamous 1/2" whole punch and want to share the wealth. here you go...

http://www.poshimpressions.com/punches.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k.hill

Urban Eclectic
www.urbaneclectic.net

Eclectic Design Studio
Candijacks
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004 06:31:05 PM »

I had a difficult time finding the right size punches as well, I bought mine here:  http://www.marvy.com/
They have a ton of items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moxie_rocker
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004 08:52:18 AM »

Oh the elusive 1/2" hole punch!  I looked for one for three years.  Part of the reason they're always out of stock is that art students use them to make swatches for color class.  You have to make at least  25 swatches a week and if they aren't cut perfectly you get downgraded!  So a punch really comes in handy.  I got mine (and passed color theory class) at http://www.dickblick.com/zz589/29/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=5526
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stajdaml
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004 08:51:47 AM »

at home depot and other similar stores, if you look in the tool section, they have these sets that are basically hole punchers but typically uses for leather or wood. you can buy a set of about 5 various sizes, and they'er metal so they last forever. they look like assorted sized metal tubes with a sharpened edge. you just set the edge of the tube and whack it with a hammer. i found these great for bookmaking, hole punching through thick board.
and they're about 10 bucks too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april fool
-handmade bags and accessories-
http://www.iloveaprilfool.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...