A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,822
Currently Running With Scissors:
246 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Swap - The Gallery!  (Read 2336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 18, 2019 12:16:56 AM »

Original Swap Thread:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=459133.0

Not yet sent
Sent
Received
Delayed send with communication
Missing in action with no communication
Completed swap requirements

anna.wahnsinn (9/20)   --->   veghorsegirl

Annchen (9/23)   --->   Zalphinian

Averia (9/20)   --->   flygirl88

EriChanHime (9/24)   --->   stellato_escuro

flygirl88 (9/17)   --->   Averia

geekgirl1000100 (9/18)   --->   Inselaeffchen

Inselaeffchen (9/21)   <--->   geekgirl1000100

kittykill (9/19)   --->   LisasTeaTime

LisasTeaTime (9/27)   --->   kittykill

stellato_escuro (9/21)   --->   EriChanHime

veghorsegirl (9/20)   --->   anna.wahnsinn*

Zalphinian (9/24)   --->   Annchen

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019 11:24:53 PM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019 09:19:11 AM »

I have received from stellato_escuro!!!

Behold, the world's most amazing-smelling package ever! (Seriously, the delicious aroma hit me in the face as soon as I popped the top)

She included a lovely card (The text flip-flops! So cool!), two amazing packages of tea (she definitely spoiled me past 4oz), and a full-size, lacy crochet towel!

What you can't see (because I forgot to go in the dining room before taking pictures), is that the colors of purple and green she chose are literally an exact match to the green and purple bins I have in my IKEA Kallax that lives in the dining room and holds all my craft supplies! The towel is so soft and drape-y, and the fan/shell stitches are elegant and carefully done. Thank you for your beautiful handwork, stellato; this lovely towel will stand the test of time and look good doing it! (I expect she was very generous with the time requirement that counts as a "medium," as well) Wink

Here's a detail shot of the soft, soothing colors and the textured fan stitches:

My entire package of spoilage here!

I opened it late last night, and then had to leave the house again, so this evening will be my tea-tasting extravaganza! She found the most amazing red tea blend (naturally caffeine-free, which means I can enjoy it before bed) full of citrus and spice. Literally could not be more perfect if she'd blended it from my list from scratch. And another red tea blend that has a mix of vanilla and sassafras! So unique--the smell is so sweet and warming at the same time. She even went out of her way to find me local teas! So every time I have a cup, I get a little taste of Montana (without the snow shoveling!). I can't wait to try them tonight! Keep in mind, though, this means that when I run out, she has to become my tea supplier forever! Grin

Thank you, stellato_escuro, for being such an amazing, thoughtful, and generous partner! *hearts* I hope you love your package, too!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019 09:34:45 AM by EriChanHime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019 10:43:13 AM »

That crochet towel is beautiful...and the root beer float tea sounds delicious.  Awesome start to this gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2019
Zalphinian
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019 02:27:37 PM »

That towel is beautiful! I love the shades of green and purple she picked.

Those teas sound delicious too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer is 42.
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019 07:38:30 PM »

I am currently watching a movie about a giant shark, eating stroopwafels, and drinking Montana Gold...

Life is beautiful... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019 12:09:31 AM »

Stroopwafels and new tea for the win! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2019
Averia

Floppsy

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019 05:22:29 PM »

I do believe my partner Flygirl88 was confused about the size of this swap. She sent me the most amazing tea pot turned windchime - with removable windchime portion in case I want to keep it as a tea pot. It is a lovely tea pot and it is blue!!!!! I know I tend to keep quiet about it, but I really do love the color blue. a tea pot in blue as windchime is extra lovely, but then again, it is lovely as a tea pot,.. not sure how to use it... it is the same size as my glass one so my cozy (from jemimah) will fit perfectly on either... oh decisions, decisions

on to the rest of haul. The tea - I put a teaspoon into my favorite tea mug - built in strainer so you can just add loose tea. It is strawberry flavored green tea and I was thinking the reddish bits must be dried strawberries. Sounded good to me, but no, so glad I used this mug. Isn't the tea lovely with the floral bits all opened up? Not sewn flowers (tried those once - got a package of 12 different ones, but they all tasted oddly of soap to me. yes lovely, but lovely without the flavor wasn't worth it) This is both lovely and delicious.

Then these little beaded reusable tea bags made from actual flour sack in her grandmother's stash. Taking my new tea to work in these extra special little bags.

A bookmark made out of a recycled tea bag

Origami box holding goodies

very fancy and elegant cards (hadn't noticed the spoon was bent in the pic - it straightened out just fine. I was probably a little over eager tearing into the package)

Are we done? no not yet - Here's a cute little pin, a lovely little sticker and a thumb rest to hold books open! I have wanted one of these for ages. So very thoughtful of you.

Thank you Leah - This package really knocked my socks off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flygirl88
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019 05:50:19 PM »

I'm so glad you liked my package! I am thrilled with mine.  My partner totally spoiled me!

Check out these tea towels (action shot!)

Close up:

I have a thing for planes and my favourite colour is green!  Love it.

And then this teapot.  How perfect is it?

How is that made?  So cute.

I jumped with excitedness with the amount of tea here.  I LOVE earl grey, and oh man, did my partner deliver.  So many kinds.  And a few I can't get locally!

Posed in front of my great grandmother's teapot.

After all that, my partner had something else. A tea wreath!  This is going up in the craft room.  Action shot:

Thank you Averia!  I love it all and feel totally spoiled Smiley  Great swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovers of air find it exhilarating to hang poised between the illusion of immortality, and the fact of death -Alexander Chase
Zalphinian
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019 06:31:55 PM »

Averia:
I think I'm jealous of that bookmark! Not that I could use it, my cats would love it just a little too much. Still, it's super cute. Those flour sack tea bags are giving me ideas though. I may have to experiment a bit!

flygirl88:
I too love Earl Grey, and I'd be in heaven sampling all of those options! That wreath though is something else! Super cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer is 42.
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019 08:44:31 PM »

EriChanHime, I am so so glad you love it all! Buying the perfect tea is fun, and trying them with caramel cookies is the beeeest.

I got my package today and will share pics tomorrow. I have to take some really good pics first.  Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you need some art for your walls, check out everything I create in my studio, Daydream House:
daydreamhouse.co
facebook.com/daydreamkate/
instagram.com/daydream_house

My pinterest: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/

I would love to trade for blue, green and purple fabrics:batiks, Morrocan, In
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...