A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
260 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2019/2020*~  (Read 7105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019 06:26:46 PM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!

Oh wow! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2019 05:46:27 AM »

For those of you not on our HPC Facebook page...

Dear Friends, it is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you our beloved Vikki (noodle-bug) has lost her husband, Tom, after a battle with cancer. He passed on Saturday, with Vikki by his side, and thankfully was not in pain or distress. (Please excuse the delay in my message; after learning it on Sunday, I simply didn't know how to pass such terrible news on.)

This is a wonderful write up about his life and theatre career in the Manchester Evening News. It is clear from every word in it, that he will be terribly missed by those who knew him, and makes me wish I had a chance to meet him while the was here. I know all of us will be thinking of, and grieving for, Vikki and her family. Please keep them in your thoughts now, and as Vikki reminded us on her post, 'Please go out today, and find whoever it is that makes your world better, and tell them that you love them.'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2019 07:15:57 AM »

Oh, noodle-bug, if you see this, know that you are in my thoughts and I'm sending you a huge (((((HUG)))))!  My deepest condolences!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2019 10:20:01 AM »

Oh, noodle-bug. I am so, so sorry.  Cry I will be praying for you and your family. And yes, I will go out and tell those I love that I love them today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2019 11:17:08 AM »

Thanks, Jennie. And what a wonderful reminder from noodle to appreciate those we love while they are still with us. She (with Tom) has handled this whole situation with more grace and humility than most of us achieve in a lifetime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2019 04:44:55 PM »

Challenge: Iron Chef - Sriracha
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: California Roll Sushi Bowls

Brief Description:  As soon as Abbeeroad posted recipe ideas for this month's Iron Chef, I was doomed.  Sushi Bowls?!?!  How did I not know that was a thing?  I had been craving sushi the last week or so, and had everything except the Calrose rice on hand, so I picked that up and was all set.  Jim announced he'd be working late on Tuesday, so I decided that would be the perfect night to make it.  Set the rice cooker up in the morning, and prepped the toppings.  Then when Jim got home, just tossed everything into a bowl and we were good to go in all of 5 minutes.  Smiley  This recipe was so damned easy!  I think it's going to be a summer favorite, since there's virtually no cooking to heat up the kitchen.  Thank you for the inspiration Abbeeroad!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019 04:45:29 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2019 04:54:07 PM »

Ravenclaw Holiday Recipe-o-Ramma!

As we enter the major holiday season, Ravenclaw house would like to invite everyone to share their holiday recipes. It can be anything, a beloved dish passed down through the generations or something you discovered only a few years ago but now your family cannot live without it. If you would like to share a story or memory to accompany your recipe that would be amazing!

I will be compiling a list of the recipes in Ravenclaw Tower and plan on creating a printable document at the end of term if anyone would like to save recipes for the future. I hope everyone enjoys sharing some holiday magic and learning about the traditions of the other "wizarding families" in our craftalong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019 05:04:30 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2019 05:03:28 PM »

Jennie, thank you for delivering the news. Vikki has been on my mind a lot today and she and her family have my deepest condolences. I made a point to call my parents today and let them know I loved them. I also want to let all of you in the craftalong know that you all make my world a better place. I may not comment a lot, but I read every post, and I think you are all wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2019 07:43:44 AM »

Jennie! Your sushi bowl looks like it came from a restaurant! Now I want one, lol!

Yay! So excited for Recipe O Rama!

And...it's that time...it comes so fast...

Any progress? I bet Jennie has some to report...

JS - your tree is AMAZING!!  Shocked Shocked

I have made no progress.  Embarrassed This weekend we are celebrating the girls' 2nd birthday, so...will get nothing done, lol.

OWLs and NEWTs Updated
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019 07:47:37 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2019 10:47:26 AM »

Almost done with my NEWT! Just a couple of more paintings to go. Hope to finish tonight or tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...