A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,844
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2019/2020*~  (Read 12775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
imera
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2019 05:33:38 PM »

OMG JS, that SUCKS. it's happened to me as well and it was painful. Hopefully you can easily fix it.

I've managed to complete the final three Halloween challenges, better post them before I head to bed now Smiley

Class/Challenge:Alchemy + Halloween challenge "invitation"
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Huginn and Muninn papermache ravens
Brief Description: My son has a yearly christmas party, and for the last three years I've created escape games for the kids, each year more complicated and huge than the year before. Normally I'll do something christmas themed, but this year I'm going Marvel, and for Thor's challenge they will have to find Huginn and Muninn for their next challenge, so of course I decided I needed to make the birds. This fits the requirements because in order to make paper mache pulp (which I used to cover the foil and tape armature) you need to use water. I used this recipe, but instead of toilet paper I used newspaper
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:Yule holiday challenges - Halloween + Halloween challenge "costumes"
Project Name & Page Link: Cosmo costume
Brief Description: I've been occupied with a lot of real life stuff, but I still can't buy a costume, I HAVE to make it, but it had to be easy to make. Here are the important parts for the costume for Cosmo from Fairly Odd parents. White shirt, tie, wings, crown and wand. I forgot to add the green hairspray in the picture. I made the crown and wand, but because I didn't have a band I had to improvise how to make the crown float above my son's head. This method only works on slightly longer afro hair, which he certainly has, just put it on the head and twist it around so the ends gets stuck in his hair, and because it's so light weight he even forgot he had it in his hair. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge:Halloween challenge "music"
Project Name & Page Link: Earrings
Brief Description: Currently my favourite song is Silver lining by First Aid Kit. The use of instruments and their voices just gives me an amazing feeling, it just calms me down and makes me happy, other things that make me happy is colour, and I decided to make marble earrings with silver in them. Sadly the silver didn't show as much as I would like it to but I'm still happy with the result. I've seen these geometric earrings all over pinterest and wanted to make some myself, so it was a perfect timing.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2019 08:04:19 AM »

COSMO COSTUME!!! YES!

Also...Happy November! Check out the kitchens for the next Iron Chef Hogwarts Challenge!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019 08:04:55 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2019 08:05:58 AM »

And....it's Advanced Studies Friday!! How's it going? Hope you're recovering from your setback, JS!

I'm planning to actually get started this weekend...we are supposed to have sunshine here in NJ!

OWLs and NEWTs Updated!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019 08:10:34 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2019 08:09:36 AM »

Note from the Headmistress...  I'm pulling out the Time Turner, and giving us all a few more days to post finished projects for Hagrid's Giant Pumpkins Challenge and the Hallowe'en Challenge. Since Halloween is the last day of the month, many folks are crafting till the last minute, and might not have a chance to post a finished costume, or their epic Halloween decorations after a night of busy trick or treating.  You now have until November 5th to post these projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2019 08:11:28 AM »

@Abbeeroad:  Oh my!  I'm totally Pinning that Honey Siracha Shrimp recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
Surviving ccancer through crafting

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2019 08:12:14 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday!

Im in the last few days of my NEWT! I have a whole bunch of drawings ready to paint. I decided not to do EVERY SINGLE ONE of the challenges on both lists as some of them just didnt inspire me. But I did most of them! Here are a few of my drawings that need to be painted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2019 08:40:19 AM »

Yay for time turners!! I frequently wish I had one...

@Abbeeroad:  Oh my!  I'm totally Pinning that Honey Siracha Shrimp recipe!

I know, right?!

Awesome, Erin! Woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2019 08:59:27 AM »

Advanced Studies Friday Update: I have completed the Dragonfly (blueish) portion of my afghan, and started the first row of the band of Petunia (pinkish) that will complete it.  I have part of a skein of Dragonfly left, but I'm not sure it's enough to do a full band, and I don't want to play yarn chicken and lose, then have to frog a bunch of really long rows.  Plus since it was started as a stash buster, I don't want to buy any additional yarn for it.  So moving on to Petunia it is!  This means it has taken me 3 weeks to do the 2 new bands of Dragonfly, slightly slower than I might wish, but what'cha gonna do?  Hoping to finish this band of Petunia, and therefore the project, by next Friday!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019 03:11:41 PM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

imera
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2019 02:21:47 PM »

Having completed a bunch of time sensitive things it's time to FINALLY start my owl, again.

This will be the fourth time I start this, but this time I know how to, so hopefully I can get a great start this weekend Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2019 02:26:58 PM »

A new Headmistress Challenge and a new Holiday Challenge have been posted...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...