A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Yule Term 2019/2020*~  (Read 20908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2019 12:51:36 PM »

~*NEWT PROPOSAL*~
Project Name: HISTORY OF MAGIC - Creative Christmas Tree
House:  Ravenclaw
Brief Description:  "Craft something that evokes one of your memories that you would like to share with class." 
Using bits from downed trees, a length of debunked trunk 5-7 feet long will be cleaned, sanded, and stained.  Small parts of limbs will be left on that are large enough to support a wood disc.  Discs will be attached via dowls, wood glue, and/or screws, and the discs will serve as platforms for small Christmas decorations, winter themed village display items, and ornaments.  Final project size will depend on how much wood needs removed/sawed to create a balanced base (for the tree base and also the balancing of the disc platforms).
Time: est. 4-6 weeks, hopefully before inclement weather and the holidays.

Before pics:

Discs left from sawing previous projects:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Moonflame
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2019 02:48:31 PM »

Mistress Jennie, that planner is THE BOMB!!  Thank you for that and for ALL of the hard work you do to keep HPC alive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2019 10:00:54 AM »

~*Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

#CraftstersNeverSayDie #AuRevoirNotGoodbye #UntilWeMeetAgain

Launching soon: Lettucecraft.com
Crafts Chats Swaps
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2019 10:08:40 AM »

Wanna know a secret?   Roll Eyes

I LOVE making spreadsheets.  I love organized rows of information.  I love color coding, and color coding in rainbow order whenever humanly possible.  I love binders organized with tabs and sheet protectors.  I think the tendency was honed and polished while working in theatre for years, since for every show we always make a 'show bible' full of every bit of information that could ever be needed, saying that the binder should be so complete 'if you got hit by a bus tomorrow, someone else could walk in, pick it up, and finish the show in your place without missing a beat'.  But I'm also pretty sure a root love of organization always a part of my soul.  When I was an undergrad, preparing to apply to grad school, I asked my mentor/professor 'What's grad school like?'  He replied 'It's rows of matching binders, full of shiny, shiny page protectors.  You'll love it.'   He knew me well.  Cheesy

Mistress Jennie, that planner is THE BOMB!!  Thank you for that and for ALL of the hard work you do to keep HPC alive!

Oh Jennie. You are SO Hermione. I love this!!!! Cheesy

Oh my stars! Jennie you are a marvel!! Exactly what I need!
[/size]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

Crafts Chats Swaps
jenleahlynn
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2019 11:07:58 AM »

Mistress Jennie - I am horribly disorganized, so I'm loving the idea of the spread sheet. One of my goals this semester is to post projects weekly, or at least close to when they are finished. I always end up posting on the last night, even though the pictures were taken weeks, or months before.

it said I needed edit access to make changes so I sent you a google message. I'm not familiar with google spread sheets though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2019 11:26:32 AM »

it said I needed edit access to make changes so I sent you a google message. I'm not familiar with google spread sheets though.

No worries.  I granted access a few minutes ago.  Google allows anyone who has the link to view the item, but then sends me an email to 'double check' that the person requesting access to a document is legit.  If you've ever used Microsoft Excel, it's pretty darn identical to that program.  Rather self explanatory and user friendly, but if you get lost anywhere, feel free to ask for help! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

Crafts Chats Swaps
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2019 06:35:55 PM »

Wow!!!  Those are some gorgeous projects!!! <3  I'm sorry if the pics are sideways.  I keep trying to turn them but they keep turning back on me. 

Class/Challenge: Astronomy Class
Spew:
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: A dress for Robecca Steam
Brief Description: AnnoyingBigSister decided to join me in participating in Carl's Toytober Challenge on Instagram. So she dug through of my box of spare thrifted dolls, found two monster high dolls, and started snapping pictures. She is enjoying them so much I decided to sew her a doll dress from a scrap of rose red cotton fabric leftover from a Liv skirt I started making before we moved. It fits and ABS loves it.
Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge: Charms Class
Spew:
Project Name & Page Link: Mending for Fred
Brief Description: I was in the middle of preparing for Carl's toytober and Dollstagram when Fred got hometime. That man is hard on his clothes. I had to stop everything and mend his pants. It's really slowed down my sewing doll clothes.
Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge: Defence Against the Dark Arts Class (DADA)
Spew:
Project Name & Page Link: A quilted sleeping bag for David
Brief Description: I've been eyeing cabbie sleeping bags and decided to sew one like the sleeping bags my parents had back in the 70s. I've never sewn one before. And while it's not perfect I'm really proud of it.
Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge: Detention in the Dungeon WIP
Spew:
Project Name & Page Link: Restored Cabbage Patch Kid David
Brief Description: David arrived with quite a bit that needed done. He was filthy. His arm was hanging off his shoulder, his leg had a hole in it, and several of his joint threads had snapped. His hair was felted together. He got 3 baths, his head got 2 days acne cream treatment, his joints were resewn, the hole in his leg closed, and after being put back together I spent two whole days untangling and trimming fuzzies out of his hair. He's looking much more daper now and he's ready to play.
Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge: Divination Class
Spew:
Project Name & Page Link: Enter if you dare
Brief Description: I had so much fun making these Halloween decorations for my 1949 Marx tin lithograph dollhouse for Carl's toytober Challenge. I used an Xacto knife for most of the work (those red streamers used to be a white walmart bag), but I switched to scissors when cutting out the sidewalk flagstones because they softened the edges.
Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge: Floo Powder Tea Break
Spew:
Project Name & Page Link: Cabbage Patch Aprons
Brief Description: Any time I think of tea time I think of cookies. To bake you need a cute apron. My cabbies RuthAnn and BethMary didn't have any aprons so I sewed them each a cute apron so they can bake cookies for tea time.
Project Picture: 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019 06:56:10 AM »

Wanna know a secret?   Roll Eyes

But I'm also pretty sure a root love of organization always a part of my soul.  When I was an undergrad, preparing to apply to grad school, I asked my mentor/professor 'What's grad school like?'  He replied 'It's rows of matching binders, full of shiny, shiny page protectors.  You'll love it.'   He knew me well.  Cheesy

I can attest to the fact that you are incredibly well organised. Your craft room was so inspirational that it made me go home and organise mine, It does not reach the levels that you are at. But it is full of labelled boxes. I love labels and I love how easy it makes it to find stuff. In fact I need a new label maker.   *off to aliexpress*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2019 09:04:01 AM »

The new issue of Witch Weekly has hit the news stands! Be sure to pick up a copy and see which witch (or wizard) has been named Witch of the Week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2019 10:57:29 AM »

A new Floo Powder Challenge has been posted! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Garage Sale Fundraiser

Crafts Chats Swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...