A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Swap (Signup August 15 to 25 / Send by September 20)  (Read 5997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019 02:40:04 AM »

I just realized that I don't have a pinterest board for tea-related crafts...but I am a wee bit obsessed with tea bag art Grin

https://www.pinterest.com/loves2expt/tea-bag-art-inspiration/

If anyone has ideas they wish to share for tea-related crafts, feel free!  I could definitely do with more inspiration Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019 02:51:52 AM »

Has anyone used one of these? 

I have a favorite tea infuser, but this looks like a nice alternative, esp. if I'm on the road.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2019
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019 04:10:29 AM »

Has anyone used one of these?  

I have a favorite tea infuser, but this looks like a nice alternative, esp. if I'm on the road.

I've seen those and am quite interested actually to use them. They're on my pinterest already for Zero Waste... Wink Smiley

I assume they're like the coffee filter paper ones I used to have with a metal "clip" to hold in place from TeaGschwendner ... so I used them in the past but had the long ones for a full pot instead of just mug size... and they are fabric instead of coffee filter paper.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019 04:18:41 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019 07:19:21 AM »

I was debating this as I will be at a boardgame convention for a week in September but I think I'll still have time to crank out 2 smalls or a medium so just sent in my questionnaire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StainedMushroom
It's just a nervous tic motion of the head to the left

It me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019 10:11:36 AM »

Geekgurl, hold up, there are board game conventions!?!?! That makes sense, but it never occurred to me to attend something like that!! My household loves boardgames and that sounds like a fun place to bust on some indie games.

I'm going to join this swap on the last day of signup. I'll get my package out as early as possible. The weekend of the 20th/21st I'll have headed to Indiana to enjoy a fall festival for my birthday . (which is on the 21st and a saturday) I AM SO MEGA PUMPED.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekgirl1000100
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019 11:15:32 AM »

yes indeed!
we have 2 local cons a year.  the one in September is hard to get into as it's been going on for 16 years and has a fairly dedicated group of regulars that prefer to keep it small.  (~250 people)
But the same organizer started another one in Januarys (4 days) that he's trying to grow.  last January we had 400 people.  IF you (or anyone else) would want to come (it's in Raleigh) let me know!  I can get you an invite!

And there are other cons.  There a really small one trying to grow in late April in Wilmington.  I know there is PresCon in northern VA in February.  I know Atlanta has some game cons and then there is GenCon - 60k+ people every year in Indianapolis in July/August.

For those unaware, these are mostly strategy boardgames that you'd find in a board game store or online.  Often called Euro games since a lot of them are designed in Europe.  Which reminds there is also a big gaming con in Essen Germany every year.

Geekgurl, hold up, there are board game conventions!?!?! That makes sense, but it never occurred to me to attend something like that!! My household loves boardgames and that sounds like a fun place to bust on some indie games.

I'm going to join this swap on the last day of signup. I'll get my package out as early as possible. The weekend of the 20th/21st I'll have headed to Indiana to enjoy a fall festival for my birthday . (which is on the 21st and a saturday) I AM SO MEGA PUMPED.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zalphinian
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019 05:25:16 PM »

I was debating this as I will be at a boardgame convention for a week in September but I think I'll still have time to crank out 2 smalls or a medium so just sent in my questionnaire.

Have fun! I love going to gaming conventions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer is 42.
faemystique
RN working on my P.H.D. (Projects Half Done)

Crafting through my hoard of supplies...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019 03:12:59 AM »

OMG I collect boardgames!  whatttt?

and dang it all to heck I have wanted to get in on this but I do not think my stitched mandalas will appear to their partner fast enough to get in the last day of sign ups, and since I got talked into joining OTT swap... I am tapped out... crossing fingers my last one appears safe, I can give myself feedback and get on this... we shall see
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flygirl88
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019 03:35:01 PM »

If it works out with my partner's likes, I have figured out what tea I will send. It is pretty unique and unlikely to be local to whomever my partner is. I've been thinking of what kinds of crafts I could do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovers of air find it exhilarating to hang poised between the illusion of immortality, and the fact of death -Alexander Chase
EriChanHime
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019 09:39:57 AM »

I've already started on one small crafted thing, and I'm making several versions so I can pick one my partner will like, and the rest will go to my sweet tea party ladies since I didn't get them done before the party. Grin

Here's our fancy Tea Party set up from last weekend! It went wonderfully. They brought the fruits and meat/cheese tray, and Mom brought the chocolate cheesecake, deviled eggs, and purchased honey and orange marmalade, and I made the gluten-free scones, lemon curd, whipped cream, cucumber finger sandwiches, and pigs-in-blankets. It's the first time I've ever made a curd, and it was divine! I gave our guests a little glass jar of it as a take-away (Mom got some, too, just not in fancy packaging Wink).

All the silver was my maternal great-grandmother's and the china was my maternal grandmother's. My mom and I polished the silver really well last year, and stored it in special fabric bags, so we didn't have to polish anything this time! Yay! Between the two of us, we had my little bamboo tea box stocked with at least 20 different kinds of tea. Everyone tried at least 5-6 varieties during the party.

And here is my roommate, Hezekiah, dressed up to greet the guests. Wink

We take pictures with him every year, but this year he got a new jabot! It's from a vintage robe set of my Grandmother's. My cousins and I used to use it for dress up, but Mom ironed it and everything. I covered the holly on his Christmas top hat with a chirimen silk kanzashi camellia blossom I bought at an atelier in Kyoto. He was very dapper.

All in all, an glorious celebration of friends and tea. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...