A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitched Mandala Swap R2 GALLERY  (Read 2230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
EriChanHime
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2019 08:19:17 AM »

Woah, got really behind on the board over the long weekend! Grin

And here's the beauty I received from StainedMushroom! I love how bright and cheerful it is!

That is awesome! StainedMushroom, you picked such gorgeous colors, and I love that the background fabric is such a lovely, dramatic shade. Really makes the rest of the embroidery pop! That's some impressive freehanded stitching. I would wander all over the place without some sort of guideline.

I received a beautiful Mandala from  Abbeeroad.

Ooh! I love the use of the small fabric pieces on that one, Abbeeroad. What a soothing, comforting color palette, as well. Your satin stitching is particularly elegant, and I love the way it breaks up the textures and areas but still blends in. Also, yay, beads!

Wow, these are so fantastic! I can't pick a favourite, but I had to, it would be... the one I just received from faemystique!

That is a ton of impressive color and detail, faemystique. I totally see your sneaky umbrella in there... *snicker* (Watched that show basically all in one sitting a month or so ago). I'm always afraid to stitch with all the strands of floss (probably from the years of cross stitch instruction manuals!), but the texture you achieved with it here is fabulous! Also, that's some impressive extras-spoilage. Grin

And.... I came home to an amazingly perfect prayer flag mandala from Wulf.

The embellishments on this one are so exciting! Beads, and buttons, and shells... Beautiful work, Wulf. The little seed beads worked into the inner purple rings are stunning. Did you stitch them in place, or use some kind of couching technique?

I love that there is a happy mix of hoops and flags in this swap, per people's desires. So many unique, gorgeous, and wildly different mandalas so far. And they're all amazing!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019 08:21:15 AM by EriChanHime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2019 09:19:39 AM »

Wow! What a stunner from Wulf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2019 03:50:15 PM »

Beautiful work, Wulf. The little seed beads worked into the inner purple rings are stunning. Did you stitch them in place, or use some kind of couching technique?

I can see why you thought they were seed beads, but in fact your second guess was correct - those are just tiny couching stitches in a contrasting colour. I've suddenly discovered couching after all these years, and it's changing my life. Really, it is.

This has been a spectacular swap, hasn't it? I agree that I'd have the whole lot and never be willing to part with any of them. Bravi, folks!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2019 07:19:51 PM »

I went back to look at these faux seed beads and I see them in Abbee's work! But yours needs a closer close up Wulf. Did you take pics? I sure hope everybody is planning to post their mandalas in their own topics! I am itching to see more and More and MORE photos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019 08:10:12 AM »

I can see why you thought they were seed beads, but in fact your second guess was correct - those are just tiny couching stitches in a contrasting colour. I've suddenly discovered couching after all these years, and it's changing my life. Really, it is.

Cool! Couching is one of those things I like the thought of, and then totally forget about when it comes time to do a project. Great use of the technique, sir. I will definitely have to find a way to try that out that soon.

I sure hope everybody is planning to post their mandalas in their own topics! I am itching to see more and More and MORE photos!

Same! Grin I posed mine as its own project, and have enjoyed the other ones that have gone up in the Needlework forum so far. Need more! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2019 06:01:07 PM »

I did take a few pics, though no in-progress ones at all. I'll see if I can put together a post on it.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2019 10:31:19 AM »

Just wanted to share some closer-up shots of the lovely mandala tattooedcrafter sent me.

I just like to walk by and stare at it from time to time. Grin The depth of textures is just awesome, and the difference in shaded and un-shaded spaces is engaging to gaze at. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2019 03:44:00 PM »

Beautiful! Close ups really illustrate all the many tiny stitches. These creations are incredible, aren't they?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2019 04:58:23 PM »

Beautiful! I love the different sizes of French knots. And the colour blending in that centre medallion is fascinating.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...