A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitched Mandala Swap R2 GALLERY  (Read 2883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2019 06:09:50 AM »

Ooo...lovely stitching Erin! Do I spy some tinting??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2019 07:01:39 AM »

there is some really beautiful teal and blue tinting on it, it was hard to get a good picture of it but she did a really amazing job picking just the right colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
StainedMushroom
It's just a nervous tic motion of the head to the left

It me.

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2019 08:48:54 AM »

All of these projects are so beautiful. Really, I am blown away by this group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EriChanHime
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2019 09:38:10 AM »

Beautiful!

Thank you so much! This was a very different stitching mindset for me, and I appreciate you running this swap for us. Lots of fun. Cheesy

I love how airy it is.  I have a hard time not covering every square millimeter of surface. "Less is more," I keep telling myself.

Thank you! She had this pattern on her Pinterest, and it struck me like lace, so I wanted the finished version to feel that way. I think both styles are awesome, though. I love all the layers and textures you've put into previous ones I've seen. Very rich-looking.

That's lovely! I so appreciate the perfection of the stitched curves and circles, I struggle with those myself. Never look even enough to me. Yours are so exactly right, the whole design is terrific!

Thank you so much! We are always critical of our own work. I know I still see imperfections or areas where I might wish I'd done it a little differently, too, but I'm delighted that to others it's not that way.

Yes! Totally! Grin Thank you. This is my first time trying colored pencil tinting on my embroidery. I wanted it to keep the open feeling of the black and white line drawing it was based on, but I thought that would be too plain, once I started drawing it out with color. This was a good middle solution, and I'm so pleased it worked well. Tattooedcrafter also used pencil tints on the one she sent to me, and I love how she chose which specific areas to highlight and which ones to leave uncolored as open lace, like a window you can look through. Definitely a technique I will use more in the future and hopefully keep developing.

there is some really beautiful teal and blue tinting on it, it was hard to get a good picture of it but she did a really amazing job picking just the right colors.

Cheesy I'm so happy you are pleased with it!! And are you kidding? Your photos were excellent! Now I think I need to add a couple detail photos of yours when I have a chance over the holiday weekend, I hope. I love the scattered French knots your used to pull open spaces together.

All of these projects are so beautiful. Really, I am blown away by this group.

Agreed! Swap galleries are one of my favorite places to browse on this site, because the amount of hard work, and talent, and creativity, and unique approaches to similar crafts never ceases to amaze and inspire me. Cheesy

Can't wait to see the next set of incoming mandalas!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019 09:40:09 AM by EriChanHime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
faemystique
RN working on my P.H.D. (Projects Half Done)

Crafting through my hoard of supplies...

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019 01:35:19 PM »

dharma_rebel I wasnt gping to eat those kitties you sent... I was going to try some and share them with DD#1... well I shared... but I ate most of them... those were delish!!  Ty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faemystique
RN working on my P.H.D. (Projects Half Done)

Crafting through my hoard of supplies...

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2019 06:30:30 PM »

I love how airy it is.  I have a hard time not covering every square millimeter of surface. "Less is more," I keep telling myself.

Wulf

Youll soon see I suffer the same problem lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TAOJ

knitting is life

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019 06:35:17 AM »

I received a beautiful mandala from craftylittlemonkey. I love it, there are tiny little beads on it which I'm not sure the camera picked up, French knots, a wrapped hoop and lots of beautiful stitches. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EriChanHime
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2019 07:46:06 AM »

Wow! Lovely job, craftylittlemonkey. Your stitches are so even and elegant. I love the frame wrapping. I'm good at making finished backs for my hooplas, but that is something I haven't branched into yet. Future plans... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2019 08:08:43 AM »

dharma_rebel I wasnt gping to eat those kitties you sent... I was going to try some and share them with DD#1... well I shared... but I ate most of them... those were delish!!  Ty

I'm glad they were good! My daughter picked them out - we have a post office at a boutique grocery store, and she thought I should send along a treat!

I had to get on my computer to see all the pictures better - they are smooshed on my phone. These mandalas are beautiful! I'm so glad I participated in this swap - stitching a mandala was good self care for me.

BTW, the book that I got the pattern for faemystique's mandala is on Amazon for $5.39 right now. It's called Mandalas to Embroider by Carina Envoldsen-Harris. I picked it up originally at the library hoping to find something besides a back stitch to use for mandalas and I loved the book so much I put it in my cart (anyone else put all kinds of stuff they never buy in their online shopping carts?). Then the price dropped and I couldn't resist buying it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#savecraftster

Pinning!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2019 10:58:46 AM »

Beautiful hoop from CLM!! Lots of cool stitches in there and I love the colors!

And here's the beauty I received from StainedMushroom! I love how bright and cheerful it is!

Lots of lovely stitches that she completely free handed! Wha? My stitching would be all wonky for sure!!

She also sent a paper mandala with a quote and a nice little note.

I love it so much! Thank you, StainedMushroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...