A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Stitched Mandala Swap R2 (SIGNUP 7/19/19-7/29/19 ; MAIL BY 8/21/19)  (Read 5694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
EriChanHime
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2019 12:49:37 PM »

I've been working on mine in between other life events! I really like the mandala shape, and I've tried a new technique on this one that I haven't done before. Definitely not going to manage early shipping, though. Congratulations to those who have already finished! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
StainedMushroom
It's just a nervous tic motion of the head to the left

It me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2019 08:19:59 PM »

Check in Q:
Gardening, Hiking, camping, festivals and magic.
I am extremely fortunate to have a local pagan campground to frequent, so making new friends and enjoying the land is very near and dear to my heart. I travel to festivals.  Community is very important to me and I feel blessed to be a part of one, that includes the craftster community as well. Being a part of something is wonderful.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2019 11:10:37 AM »

Being a part of something is wonderful.

Yes! Love this! Smiley I'm pretty heavily involved in the PTA at my son's school. Some days I wonder why, then I realize this. And the sense of community that goes along with pulling off an event everyone enjoys. Smiley

My progress is painfully slow. I might have to start over this weekend with something a bit more manageable. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2019 08:25:28 AM »

I finished up my stitching last night and I'm super happy with it. Now, I just need to put the finishing touches on it. Hoping to send out on Monday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#savecraftster

Pinning!
faemystique
RN working on my P.H.D. (Projects Half Done)

Crafting through my hoard of supplies...

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2019 03:42:26 PM »

4 days to SEND OUTS... hope all is well with everyone!  I camped in Talkeetna last night.  Heres Denali smiling and proudly out this morning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2019 06:55:26 PM »

Gorgeous view.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I make a plan, I stitch it out, it seems to need a little more so I add. Then add. Then add some more... lol, a few lines are getting kind of chunky and it feels at this rate like I'm not going to be finished any time soon. I have all day tomorrow, I'm going to sit and stitch and sit and stitch until I get at least close to done.

ETA hours of stitching later and it still doesn't look finished to me, hmm... I am going to thicken one of the outlines and add a little something special to another 2 areas. I also still have the hoop to decorate in some manner, I am not happy with how the plain wood looks with the design I doodled, instead of fading into the background it seems to stand out as a part that doesn't fit in. Then it's washing, drying, stretching, photographing, packaging, and last making a trip to the post office, whew! Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. My man and the noisy child are away camping for a few days so it will be quiet at home, I could actually manage to get a bit of work done on a week day for a change, haha.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019 06:21:06 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PLEASE MESSAGE ME YOUR CONTACT INFO!!!!!!!!

Craftster member 2006-2020 #CraftsterFriendsForver #craftyfriendsforever

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
Wulf

Long Live Craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2019 06:55:33 PM »

I was so close to done. Just one more sequin, and that would be enough. Then I thought "wouldn't it be great if it were surrounded by flames?"

Why is there never anyone here to stop me at times like this?

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2019 07:18:01 AM »

Beautiful view, faemystique!!

lol...CLM and Wulf - sounds like you guys have a similar problem.

I, on the other hand, started over during the weekend. I'm making more progress on this version than the first one already (and I love it so far), but will likely be stitching to the very end...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2019 07:43:05 AM »

I finally bought the right sized hoop and as I was putting it in the hoop I noticed a small tear in the fabric, I think it is small enough and in a good place where I can put a small patch on the back and it won't be noticeable. Fingers crossed that it works because I'm really happy with how the stitching turned out and I would be so sad if it was ruined.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
EriChanHime
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2019 08:13:47 AM »

I'm getting definite Frida Kahlo in Coco vibes from this, Wulf. Grin

I, on the other hand, started over during the weekend. I'm making more progress on this version than the first one already (and I love it so far), but will likely be stitching to the very end...

Feel you! I started before this weekend, but I decided that I didn't like some of the progress that I'd made, so I definitely pulled back and started some parts of it over again. Will totally be working up to the wire, but I'm much happier with it at this point! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...