A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Stitched Mandala Swap R2 (SIGNUP 7/19/19-7/29/19 ; MAIL BY 8/21/19)  (Read 5434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019 08:33:30 AM »

Embroidery is an excellent travel craft. Just sayin' Wink.

I'm at a new full time job & also prepping for a craft fair so only have time for small swaps lately. I loved the last round of this but I got carried away. I'm afraid I don't have 40+ hours to stitch another one right now. I'll happily watch the gallery though Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
faemystique
RN working on my P.H.D. (Projects Half Done)

Crafting through my hoard of supplies...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019 01:10:17 PM »

Yay Taoj!  And bbm... another old swap partner and a cousin both see me posting my new crafting on fb and noted they havent been on craftster lately either but were reinspired to take a look again... I for one am looking forward to be more into organizing... I have a lot of ideas or even wanting to resurrect old rounds etc...  and I noticed a few coming back besides me... lets hope we can keep the momentum.  Do we still do challenges?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faemystique

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019 01:11:21 PM »

I'm at a new full time job & also prepping for a craft fair so only have time for small swaps lately. I loved the last round of this but I got carried away. I'm afraid I don't have 40+ hours to stitch another one right now. I'll happily watch the gallery though Smiley.

Sometimes its hard to pull on the crafting reins and not go too crazy haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019 05:12:03 PM »

Sometimes its hard to pull on the crafting reins and not go too crazy haha

Well, usually it would be a good project, just not for me with some other stresses I have in my life. But, it is a great theme, so maybe I'll use that as a wishlist item in the upcoming OTT swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud Marching Band and Soccer Momma

Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Sent!
LV Round 30:Hosting SusieQ!
Sweat Shoppe Ornament Swap: Sent 2 out of 6
Masterboard Swap Rd  2: Organizing and Sent!!
Color in a Box: Crafting!
EriChanHime
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019 11:12:44 AM »

another old swap partner and a cousin both see me posting my new crafting on fb and noted they havent been on craftster lately either but were reinspired to take a look again... I for one am looking forward to be more into organizing... I have a lot of ideas or even wanting to resurrect old rounds etc...  and I noticed a few coming back besides me... lets hope we can keep the momentum.  Do we still do challenges?

Yes, I've seen fewer swaps than I was expecting, just from looking at archives, but I can say there are more swaps in things that I am interested in, and I just have to be careful not to overextend myself. All the swaps I've done so far have easily taken 9-20 active crafting hours, and I know I can't do 5 of those at one time! Grin Plus, I do a lot of projects for friends, for my dance troupe, and around my house, so that eats into swap time, too. Glad to see old Craftster members popping back in, as well as newer members like myself!

I know the embroidery challenge/craft-a-long is still going, and I think a couple others are, too, like the Harry Potter one.

Dying to get partners! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
faemystique

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019 05:45:59 PM »

Well there's 4 of us so far!  Lets drum up some interest somehow haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019 08:13:46 AM »

I may or may not have been embroidering on my train ride into the city over the weekend... Wink

Most of the swaps I've been doing on Craftster have been smaller lately. It's been a bit slower in general here in recent years. Facebook and Instagram swaps seem to be all the rage these days...personally, I prefer to swap where there's a sense of community. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019 08:35:05 AM »

I may or may not have been embroidering on my train ride into the city over the weekend... Wink

Most of the swaps I've been doing on Craftster have been smaller lately. It's been a bit slower in general here in recent years. Facebook and Instagram swaps seem to be all the rage these days...personally, I prefer to swap where there's a sense of community. Smiley

Man, I wish I could craft in the car (not that that would help me now, since I have to do the driving), but in general! I get carsick so easily.

I agree with the idea of wanting community to swap. It's more, you actually get to know people, you "see" them repeatedly, there's more commitment/follow through, etc. All around, I feel safe swapping here. Don't think I would on Facebook...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019 08:35:29 AM by EriChanHime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
faemystique

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019 09:01:09 AM »

I've never swapped anywhere else! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019 09:29:52 AM »

I swapped a ton both here and on Instagram last year. I've even hosted a couple Instagram swaps, but I still prefer to swap here. I haven't done any Instagram swaps at all this year.

I have embroidered and crocheted in the car before, but unfortunately there will be no elbow room for me. My brother is flying in and then driving with us. He gets carsick so he'll most likely get the passenger seat and I'll be squeezed in the back with the kids.

This is such a great theme that I did add it to my OTT wishlist, though.  I hope you're able to get more people, but small swaps can be fun, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud Marching Band and Soccer Momma

Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Sent!
LV Round 30:Hosting SusieQ!
Sweat Shoppe Ornament Swap: Sent 2 out of 6
Masterboard Swap Rd  2: Organizing and Sent!!
Color in a Box: Crafting!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...