A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
121 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A washable, reusable garbage bag for the Car.  (Read 233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2019 10:19:02 PM »

I was thinking about the last 2 projects that I'd done. The reusable garbage bags, and the reusable bag from a Pillow case.

I got thinking also about needing to get a bag for garbage in the car. We usually reuse a plastic shopping bag. (In spite of having lots of reusable bags, we still end up with plastic bags.)

Then, like a flash, I realized I could make a bag from a Pillow case: we don't put "Messy stuff" into the "Car Garbage" very often. and, even if we do, what difference would it make? That's why it's washable.

So, I went to the Hall Closet: in some of the older stacks, I found a really old (very stained) pillow case. Just what I needed.

Similar to my previous post, I used the Singlet Shopping Bag Tutorial. (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0) Again, {mostly} following her Crafty Majesty's instructions, I put together a bag. Instead of lining, I used a facing. Which I sewed down this time. (It's for garbage: I wouldn't want to be digging trash out from between the facing and main bag.) I then boxed the bottom, which I sewed down, also. (same reason: I din't want garbage caught in it.)

Now, to put it out into the car. It ought work well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
JS

** Life: an amazing adventure. Pack well. **

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019 04:15:55 AM »

This looks perfect for any vehicle, and I've been meaning to make one for mine.  Thanks so much for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
hat-and-bag-lady

Too lazy 2 work, too honest 2 steal, jst rt to sew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019 07:50:54 PM »

JS, thank you. It is working out great. As I'd said, we don't put"messy trash" in the car-garbage, so it didn't need to be a plastic bag. Being from a pillow case, it's somewhat larger than the usual plastic bag garbage, so it holds more. (That just means you don't have to empty it so often.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A.T. Morel
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...