A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa Swap this Fall?  (Read 1584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
tapestrymlp
« on: July 15, 2019 10:43:45 PM »

I know we have the Mini 12-Days of Christmas swap happening (I'm SO in for that one), but I was wondering if anyone might be willing to head up another Secret Santa swap (perhaps in a month or two)? I was in one a few years ago here on Craftster and it was hands-down my favorite swap ever because I just loved reading through everyone's wish-lists and being able to send little presents to a bunch of other crafters. Plus it's fun sending surprise gifts! I know it can be an intensive swap to manage and my life is insane so I'm not up for heading it but I would be a very enthusiastic participant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~
jellybean89
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

(she/her) Ravenclaw :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019 10:47:00 AM »

ooh, like the Secret Santa-in-July Wishlist Swap from last year? I loved that one! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019 11:18:45 AM »

ooh, like the Secret Santa-in-July Wishlist Swap from last year? I loved that one! Cheesy

Yes! Exactly like that one...but not in July as we're already halfway through Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019 03:11:48 PM »

This sounds so fun!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

@Lynx2Lancer on Instagram

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019 04:24:41 PM »

I am pretty certain I won't have a swap slot available to join in, but I organized this Secret Santa Swap way back in 2012. If you were thinking something like this, someone could totally use this idea or a variation of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller

Mini 12 Days of Christmas: Almost Done Crafting!
Ongoing One Tiny Thing Swap: ORGANIZING!
0/0/9=9 total claims
Masterboard Swap Rd  2: COMING IN OCTOBER!!
tapestrymlp
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019 11:04:46 AM »

I am pretty certain I won't have a swap slot available to join in, but I organized this Secret Santa Swap way back in 2012. If you were thinking something like this, someone could totally use this idea or a variation of it.

I was actually thinking of the wishlist model from 2017:
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=453681.0

It's a hybrid of a wishlist swap and the idea of Secret Santa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~
TAOJ

knitting is life

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019 02:44:05 PM »

I would love to do another of these swaps.

It has been many years since I organized a swap and I've been reading about organizing a swap to refresh myself. I'd be willing to coorganize, but not sure I could organize it unless I had a good coorganizer. This swap was huge last year so would take commitment from both the organizer and coorganizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapestrymlp
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019 03:38:17 PM »

I would love to do another of these swaps.

It has been many years since I organized a swap and I've been reading about organizing a swap to refresh myself. I'd be willing to coorganize, but not sure I could organize it unless I had a good coorganizer. This swap was huge last year so would take commitment from both the organizer and coorganizer.

I've never organized (or co-organized for that matter) so this doesn't feel like the right swap to dive into in that regard, plus my life is often bananas. Hence my hope someone else can be persuaded to head up the swap. But I'll try to be a killer personal assistant and send cookies if someone experienced is willing to take the reigns. I am not above bribery, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019 03:39:57 PM »

calluna hosted the last couple but I know she is very busy right now. Still... it's such a tempting swap. I mean, we had so much fun last year. And the year before Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019 03:44:59 PM »

I might be persuaded to host... but I wouldn't feel safe committing until November at the earliest, and that's far away, and also things might change by then to make me not available... sooooooooo if no one steps up by November I might be able to?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...