A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shake Your Groove Thing Geezer Swap, Round 8 GALLERY  (Read 6070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Averia
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2019 07:38:22 PM »

Wow, TAOJ! What a fantastic package of goodies from Averia (who does some of the most impeccable hand stitching I've ever seen)! That pincushion is so pretty, and I am highly jealous of the dandelion (I may have to give that a try...although I fear it won't come out nearly as well). But, that quilt is gorgeous! All of those lovely blues, and the beautiful wings, plus the lovely lines of quilting (did you do those by hand, Averia?)!

You are much too kind - and no, I didn't quilt by hand - like you I struggled with feeding through a regular size sewing machine. I am betting your quilting is way better than mine Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2019 08:46:12 AM »

Will be giving everyone feedback tonight. 
Sorry for the delay.  Rox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2019 04:48:52 PM »

You are much too kind - and no, I didn't quilt by hand - like you I struggled with feeding through a regular size sewing machine. I am betting your quilting is way better than mine Cheesy

LOL! You wouldn't say that if you could see the quilt up close Smiley There isn't a straight line on it! I was going to call it "Intentional Disarray" and then translate it into Japanese (because all of the trendy things have Japanese names, it seems), but it turns out they have a term that seemed to have it covered: Wabi-Sabi!

Will be giving everyone feedback tonight. 
Sorry for the delay.  Rox

Thanks for running the swap! I enjoyed it!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019 04:49:40 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
zcrafter

Librarian, duck lover, owned by a dog

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2019 08:17:03 AM »

I wasn't part of this swap, but I am awestruck by the gorgeous crafts that were exchanged. WOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2019 05:21:48 PM »

The German and American postal systems FINALLY let go of my package from Anna. Once I saw the contents I understood why they didn't want to let go. It's awesome!

[FYI, the package arrived late this afternoon so the photo lighting wasn't too great. Since I've been called to serve on jury duty starting tomorrow, I don't know when I might get a chance to take better shots, so I'm going with these. The actual colors are much more vibrant.]

First up, master boards for papercrafting. Since my paternal grandmother was French, I especially like the fleur-de-lis on the bottom piece but both are very nice and will make great additions to my paper stash.

I've been learning to spin and weave, so Anna sent some of the yarn she's spun. The top piece is so much more even than anything I've created so far. I'll probably use it in my tapestry weaving projects. She also sent dark blue and variegated green roving for me to spin. That's going to be fun!

Anna knows I love chocolate so she sent a dark chocolate German candy bar (that I'm NOT going to share). She also included an ATC and a lovely card she made for her note.

I took a beading class with Anna at Asheville this spring so I was hoping for more of her beadwork. Boy, did I get lucky! She sent a necklace that will go with almost everything I own and is a perfect length for me.

Then this gorgeous bracelet that may have to go to the Hawaii Meet Up next summer . . . so perfect for a beach vacation!

And finally this marvelous sun catcher. Anna's bff Averia also loves blue so I'm making sure I never let her near it. Averia might make me feel guilty enough to hand it over to her. Not gonna happen!

Thank you again for all the beautiful roving, masterboards, and beadwork! You've been a great swap partner, Anna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
204/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
Averia
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2019 05:28:05 PM »

Ooh the colors of the roving are lovely! But i am sure the suncatcher is for me? Great bracelet and necklace too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2019 05:29:10 PM »

Wow, Anna!  Great stuff!  And I love that blue roving...now that I know how to spin!  (Thanks, calluna! Kiss)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2019 05:39:24 PM »

Ave, what part of 'not gonna happen' did you miss? It's going in my craft room window tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
204/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2019 06:25:09 PM »

Wow!  Lovely package!

I'll update your feedback tomorrow Anne!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2019 03:15:23 AM »

Every piece of that package is beautiful. The whole color scheme just gave me a boost of joy and energy for the day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thank you for sharing this home with me for so many years.

happy.hermit.heather at gee mail dot com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...