A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotees 2019 round 2!  (Read 1235 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Powerhouseofthecell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019 10:57:16 AM »

These are all so lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im up for personal swaps. Smiley
BWisneski
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019 01:45:35 PM »

Received from whatthepuck. Love it so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatthepuck
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019 08:30:28 AM »

I received from Bwisneski. A cute little black cat.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019 09:54:54 AM »

OOO. I love the little paws and cute face. And so furry. Made me smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
Powerhouseofthecell

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019 09:59:29 AM »

The kitty is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im up for personal swaps. Smiley
cmarion3

Earth Crone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019 10:08:30 AM »

Ahh, finally got pics. Received a sweetie from WiccadWitch. It's funny we both had similar themes and picked similar themes. I love this sweet forest spirit. Such a serene face. She's so calming. I always over embellish so this perfectly (not overly) embellished dotee made my day. She's hanging by my desk spreading calm.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019 03:43:52 PM »

Received from The Raging Sloth! I am so thrilled with this cute little joined Dotee pair!

They are Kodama from Hayao Miyazakis Princesses Mononokelittle wood sprites that live in trees. Sloth did a perfect job copying their whimsical expressions and body language, and she even perched them on a real branch. The yarn moss has such an excellent texture. They are precious, and I adore them! Thank you, Raging Sloth!!! Cheesy

Heres a slightly closer view of the cuteness, showing their faces and the lovely leaf beads on the vines. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019 11:11:47 AM »

Everybody did an amazing job! I love all the dotees!!!

EriChanHime wowed me! Look at this beautiful dotee!!!

You have no idea how long I've wanted an Elder Thing!! The Elder Thing is from the H.P. Lovecraft story At The Mountains of Madness. This dude is so cool!

The wings are poseable and made from maybe a plastic bag? Cool! The tentacles on the bottom and on top are sculpted.

I'm in love~~~ lol I've placed him next to my little blind albino penguin since they're part of the same story.  
Thank you, EriChan!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019 11:19:43 AM by The Raging Sloth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you're a hoarder and you know it, clap your hands!
EriChanHime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019 11:56:19 AM »

Everybody did an amazing job! I love all the dotees!!!

EriChanHime wowed me! Look at this beautiful dotee!!!

You have no idea how long I've wanted an Elder Thing!! The Elder Thing is from the H.P. Lovecraft story At The Mountains of Madness. This dude is so cool!

The wings are poseable and made from maybe a plastic bag? Cool! The tentacles on the bottom and on top are sculpted.

I'm in love~~~ lol I've placed him next to my little blind albino penguin since they're part of the same story.  
Thank you, EriChan!

Thank you for organizing this amazing swap for us all, The Raging Sloth!

You are SO welcome! I had such fun making your mini-Elder Thing, and I knew you AND your albino penguin would welcome him quickly into the family. Grin

You're super close on the wings. They are a wire framework, sandwiched between four layers of plastic cling film which I melted to shape with a hot air gun and then painted! I think they must have changed what they make that stuff out of, because it used to be MUCH easier to heat form--I went through 5 or 6 other wings before settling on a texture I liked. Cheesy Totally worth it! I was originally planning to attach his wings, and then when I realized that the tension of the body sections would hold them in place, I thought it would be more fun (and also MUCH safer to mail) to leave them separate. He can show his moods with wing position, like dogs' ears. *snicker* Grin

I love the fluff and little paws on the cat dotee, Bwisneski. He looks very pleased with himself. Wink

WiccadWitch, you did a wonderful job making such an elegant, serene lady. The beads you chose are excellent-they look so cool and smooth.

And that cactus, whatthepuck! His expression is perfect. Your stitching is very neat and even! I'm still working on that. Smiley

I love the integration of the sewn/sculpted parts of the hermit crab with the real found shells, Bugaboo1. Perfect choice!

I think my posts got lost for the lovely leaf butterfly from Thanate and the fluffy lady from cmarion3 (Or maybe they are hiding back in the discussion thread). Wonderful colors on the butterfly and such a clever design. I adore autumn leaves, so thought that was excellent! And the face and texture on the lady suit so well. All the layers are fun to look at.

AWESOME JOB, EVERYONE! It's all looking amazing so far. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
cmarion3

Earth Crone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019 12:00:10 PM »

Leave it to your partner to break the mold on dotees. What a creation!

The variety and creativeness of these dotees are legendary! Cactus and cats and crabs, forest sprites and leaf butterflies, Kodama, and a....thing.

Fun times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 30 Minute Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...