A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
177 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nonprofit In Need Of Summer Chemo Caps For Cancer Patients  (Read 252 times)
Tags for this thread: cancer , chemo_caps , sewing , chemo_cap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Strongly
« on: June 29, 2019 01:56:09 PM »

Hello! A local nonprofit in my area, Cancer Services Of Northeast Indiana, is in need of summer chemo caps for cancer patients. Many crocheted caps have been donated, but these can be very heavy and hot during warmer weather. They would really appreciate it if they had more sewn chemo caps in a light breathable fabric such as a cotton interlock knit. This is a link to a pattern that they provided me with. http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/spatt01.htm   The pattern failed to mention to leave slit in a side seam open so you can turn the fabric right side out at the end. After flipping it right side out, use an invisible stitch to sew the side slit close. Tack (handstitch) the outer and inner crown circle pieces so the cap doesn't unfold and become a tube again.

If you do choose to make one, please make sure to keep the fabric away from any dog or cat fur and keep the fabric nice and clean. You can send these caps directly to:
 Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana
6316 Mutual Drive
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46825

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019 01:12:50 PM »

The first cap took a little bit of time to figure out the pattern, but the 2nd one sewed up quickly. Strongly is my daughter. She wanted to make them, so we worked together on this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019 04:12:53 PM »

Aw, I love this. My daughter is itching to join Craftster too, when she's old enough she will. It's so great to see the love of crafts and the generosity of a sweet soul passed along from parent to child. Nice project, you two Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C
lynnieangel
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019 05:45:55 PM »

Aww thank you craftylittlemonkey. That's so cute that your daughter is so eager to join! When I was little I made a different account and I remember being so excited to post my creations. I've learned from making these that anyone can sew, even a clueless 16 year old like me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...