A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft a Craftster Friend Doll Swap Gallery  (Read 5866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2019 05:54:04 AM »

I can't believe I missed this swap. How stunning all the mini-craftsters are. I definitely want to join in if you ever do this again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veghorsegirl

I'd rather be crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2019 06:27:51 AM »

Some many amazing dolls! This was the coolest swap ever Smiley

I meant to post this a while back, but here is a shot of the kitty tat on mini me

How freakin' cute is that?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veggiefueled.blogspot.ca
EriChanHime
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2019 08:03:52 AM »

I can't believe I missed this swap. How stunning all the mini-craftsters are. I definitely want to join in if you ever do this again.

It was an awesome swap. Definitely something that would be cool to do annually, I think! Smiley

Some many amazing dolls! This was the coolest swap ever Smiley
I meant to post this a while back, but here is a shot of the kitty tat on mini me
How freakin' cute is that?!

That's adorable! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2019 11:44:03 PM »

My partner, hereintherain, sent her swap package some time ago but I've just been tied up with so many things that I forgot that I hadn't yet posted photos. I'm so very sorry about that. First up is a wonderful junk journal that she made. It's extra cute because the paper she used for the cover is a print of various book spines. Then there are numerous charms and beads dangling from the top of the spine. I especially like the skeleton key and the map pages!

Mini-me! complete with glasses, grey hair, jointed limbs, house dress, and even magnetic hands. I can't imagine the time or skill that went into sculpting her. Or the patience of letting her dry, then painting her. Then stringing her limbs together yet not letting the knots show. Wonderful job! For reasons that I don't understand, this photo has been rotated when posted even though the original file is vertical. I've tried to correct the orientation several times but no luck.

Thank you for sharing your skills with me, hereintherain, but especially for your patience when I bogged down and took so very long to finish mini-Lindsay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
209/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
JoyfulClover
Live long and prosper

Peace and long life

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2019 04:35:28 AM »

hereintherain! She is amazing! I love her little joints and look at her little feet! With magnetic hands? That's nuts!  I also really admire her facial sculpting. It's so hard!

\m/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EriChanHime
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2019 12:56:53 PM »

My partner, hereintherain, sent her swap package some time ago but I've just been tied up with so many things that I forgot that I hadn't yet posted photos. I'm so very sorry about that. First up is a wonderful junk journal that she made. It's extra cute because the paper she used for the cover is a print of various book spines. Then there are numerous charms and beads dangling from the top of the spine. I especially like the skeleton key and the map pages!
Mini-me! complete with glasses, grey hair, jointed limbs, house dress, and even magnetic hands. I can't imagine the time or skill that went into sculpting her. Or the patience of letting her dry, then painting her. Then stringing her limbs together yet not letting the knots show. Wonderful job! For reasons that I don't understand, this photo has been rotated when posted even though the original file is vertical. I've tried to correct the orientation several times but no luck.
Thank you for sharing your skills with me, hereintherain, but especially for your patience when I bogged down and took so very long to finish mini-Lindsay!

Wow! Brilliant job, hereintherain! Is she sculpted clay of some kind, or worked wood? She looks a little like both. You did a marvelous job with the face details, and the extra journal was a lovely touch. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2019 10:44:32 AM »

Oh my gosh, how'd I miss this Friend Doll Swap. All of these dolls are so cool & lovely designs!
I do hope you do another one soon. 
 This is my doll I made for my Niece for her Birthday last year. But I didn't get to send it to her. It was just a couple weeks before her 54th birthday. She died of a massive stroke. We just couldn't believe it. I loved her dearly.

This is the pattern from how I made her. She's all hand sewn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2019 12:37:49 PM »

Oh my gosh, how'd I miss this Friend Doll Swap. All of these dolls are so cool & lovely designs!
I do hope you do another one soon. 
 This is my doll I made for my Niece for her Birthday last year. But I didn't get to send it to her. It was just a couple weeks before her 54th birthday. She died of a massive stroke. We just couldn't believe it. I loved her dearly.

I'm so sorry for your loss Sharalee. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2019 07:34:47 AM »

Oh, Sharalee!  I am so very sorry for your loss!  ((HUGS))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
EriChanHime
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2019 12:07:42 PM »

That's a beautiful doll, Sharalee. I'm so sorry for the loss of your niece. You did such a lovely job making a little version of her. I particularly like the thick, textured yarn you used for her hair. Did you paint her face, or did you purchase the printed faces from the pattern's website? What a sweet way to remember your loved one.

Hopefully the next time we run a round of this swap you'll be able to join us! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...