A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
288 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft a Craftster Friend Doll Swap Gallery  (Read 5337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2019 06:39:23 AM »

She came with a suitcase!  Awwwww..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
ETSY SHOP: www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

Too blessed to be stressed! Smiley
EriChanHime
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2019 08:25:39 AM »

I received from MistressJennie and experienced a moment of madness by thinking I would wait to open as she is traveling until Sunday.

But I just couldn't do it. The call of a swap box is just too strong.

MistressJennie, thank you so very much for really going all out on a mini-me. I know we filled out the Q, but it still surprised me how many pieces were purely me. No wonder why Little Ones go bananas when they are given a personalized doll! She just makes me so happy! A pure delight.

JClove

That is lovely! Her hair is so perfect, and I love the Vulcan calligraphy tattoos.  Stunning work, MistressJennie! That's an impressively large doll, but it worked out well for all the added details. Cheesy

I received from veghorsegirl while I was away on a road trip, but you'd better believe that opening up that parcel was one of the first things I did when I walked in the door! Little Fluffypants is TOO DARN CUTE! The details are so fabulous. From my Improv t-shirt, to my famous red blazer, to the earrings (which are actual earrings! Such a good idea!), the luscious thick hair, and my monster hat! <3 She's totally adorable and currently hanging out with a Pee Wee Herman bobblehead.

Dang, veghorsegirl, you totally NAILED that outfit! I admire your face-painting skills, as well. So sweet and evenly done. Mini-fluffypants is spot on. *thumbs up*

Here I am!  Cheesy
thanate did a great job on mini me  Cheesy I was trying to figure out how she got the blue flower to be so much like the one I own, had I told her about it? Had she divined it? Was it a lucky guess..? No, it's straight from my profile picture! lol  Grin I almost always wear a bow or flower in my hair when I go out so and so my doll does too  Wink I love her jellyfish shirt!

She came in a pretty fabric gift bag (great minds think alike, right thanate?  Wink Wink Wink ) and she has a little clipboard with a script attached. She's supposed to be working with the script (maybe to memorize lines like I'm supposed to be doing? Or to write down blocking for a show she's Assistant Directing/Stage Managing?) But she's working on an ATC instead!  Cheesy Grin

thanate said that it's a real tiny version of "an actual one-act from (her) college playwriting class", so cool!  Smiley

Totally modeled after my profile picture  Grin Aaaaand here we are together (sideways?)

Tiny kartiana looks SO MUCH like that profile picture! Machine embroidered face? Jealous! Excellent translation to plushie form there, thanate. Her jellyfish shirt is such a perfect choice, too. I love that you gave her an actual mini-play prop!

I got back late last night to my mini me waiting impatiently patiently for me to open her up and wow.

Cmarion totally nailed my quirkiness. Smiley She is awesome!  Here she is in all her glory -
I love the interpretation of my glasses and the pink and purple stripes in her hair.
The tiny heart stitching on the hem of her dress is super adorable and I would totally wear leggings like that irl!

And as if that wasn't already over the top, she came with her very own trunk complete with two extra outfits!  I can't blame her though, a girls gotta have options Wink
The details on the mini trunk are to die for. As for the outfits, here's her "day look" -

I told Cmarion that in a perfect world I'd always be dressed in evening dresses or ball gowns (even to do housework LOL) or I'd live in a unicorn onesie forever.  Grin  I totally think she nailed me and now I have a mini me to keep me company in my studio!

thanks so much for partnering with me Cmarion!!  I love her to peices. Smiley

Outstanding, cmarion3! The trunk, the outfit changes, the fun hair and glasses! You did a great job. Smiley I love that mini-Studio is a mix of actual her and her interests. Such fun!

And here is my me & mini-me picture!

I showed her to my mom yesterday and she agreed that gigglygirl did an amazing job--she was especially impressed with the embroidered glasses and the perfect double earrings (I didn't even mention owls on my questionnaire, but I have a green owl wall hanging (noren) in my living room, from when I lived in Japan, and it's perfect)! I of course had to take the picture wearing my own green and white polka dot dress! Wink

Everyone in this swap has just gone above and beyond! LOVING the gallery. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2019 08:52:51 AM »

Oh my goodness! The gallery has exploded with awesomeness! The tassels are killing me! Everyone is SO adorable with their dolls! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2019 09:12:57 AM »

I have serious FOMO of this gallery!  Each and every doll is spot on and has such great personality!
I'm joining the next one for sure Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2019 09:19:59 AM »

Wholl-y Mama! There was some fantastic posts to catch up on when I got back from vacation!  All of the tiny details and accessories on these mini mes are so sweet!  And those tassles.... bahaha! What a great touch.

I got back late last night to my mini me waiting impatiently patiently for me to open her up and wow.

Cmarion totally nailed my quirkiness. Smiley She is awesome!  Here she is in all her glory -

I love the interpretation of my glasses and the pink and purple stripes in her hair. 

I told Cmarion that in a perfect world I'd always be dressed in evening dresses or ball gowns (even to do housework LOL) or I'd live in a unicorn onesie forever.  Grin  I totally think she nailed me and now I have a mini me to keep me company in my studio!

thanks so much for partnering with me Cmarion!!  I love her to peices. Smiley

She was fun to make. She has a simple white tunic and leggings outfit as well (no extra clothes) for when she just needs to kick back.

I just couldn't resist the outfits, especially once she was complete...she just kept going shopping! I'm glad you love her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Must craft....must craft.....
NathanielM93
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2019 07:02:29 AM »

It's really cool to see all the different dolls, they're all supercute and fun Cheesy Aaah sending internationally is so stressfull :p I need teleportation to be a thing now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EriChanHime
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019 08:26:28 AM »

She was fun to make. She has a simple white tunic and leggings outfit as well (no extra clothes) for when she just needs to kick back.

I like the way you "built" her casual outfit into the doll pattern. Very clever. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter, sewist, costumer, doll maker, baker and cake decorator, reader, collector, all-purpose nerd...
You can also find me on Den of Angels for ABJD related stuff!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019 01:18:54 PM »

she.is.lovely.

I'm so very glad that you like her.  I was worried the whole time crafting her that i was going to far into 'wished for' attributes, and not staying close enough to 'as is' bits.  I'm glad she makes you happy.  Cheesy

And as for the nipple tassels....  They are entirely the fault of sheepBlue.  I had been sending her progress pics via text, and sent one to ask her opinion on giving the doll nipples.  When I snapped a pic and sent it off, she replied right away with 'heh, needs tassels'.  And mainly to make her laugh, I grabbed some that happened to be out on my jewelry bench for making bangles, and laid them on the doll, and snapped another quick pic.  The exchange was super fast.  Maybe 60 seconds between images?  She seemed highly amused that I could make that happen, and so fast.  So, we went back and forth on tassel color.  Black to match the trim on her undies?  Or blue to match her hair, in case she decided to go commando...  In the end, I had both sets of tassels laying around, so she got options.  LOL.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2019 06:22:48 PM »

I received the most lovely Mini-Me from Joyful Clover.  She was waiting for me when I got back from my trip, and it was so wonderful to come home to.

Here she is, looking way cooler than I normally do!  Hehehe

A close up of the stitching on her face.  I love the two tones of purple for the glasses.  Mine are a purple tortoise shell, and the combining of the threads really gave the feel of that pattern.  She's got cute dangly earrings, and a set of studs, just like I wear every day.

Please note, if you look down to the bottom of the picture, you'll see I'm wearing sneakers in the exact same color!  Cheesy

She recreated a necklace I made myself.  

GUYS, she embroidered the tattoos on each of my wrists!  A teacup....

....and a bee dripping beads.

She included my purple and pink underlights in my hair.  Cheesy

And my love of skull undies.  (Well skull everything.)  LOL.  I received these undies (and matching bra) in the mail today...  Seriously, I own so many skull bras and panties.  

A close up of her crocheted vest.

...and the shawl I was wearing today held up for comparison!  

She also came with a handy cross body purse, embroidered with my sweet pup's little face!

Check out how amazing the embroidery is guys!!!

And finally, here we are together.  Cheesy  

JClover, thank you so much! I adore all the little details you added, and the care you took with mini-Jennie.  She's so perfectly me.  I have to find just the right shelf in my studio to hold her so she can watch over me, and advise me when I go in the wrong direction.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019 06:30:39 PM »

Here is my lovely little mini me, courtesy of underthemountain. Isn't she adorable? Did you ever see a more lovely dress? the stitching on the doll is absolutely perfect, and the hair could have been pulled straight out of my head. I swear, it is my hair. I hear the hair came from kbrison - Thank you for contributing!

back view of my very realistic hair

Here's a picture of the whole spoiler package - so much spoilage. The most beautiful scarf I have ever seen. a lei, earrings, candy, and wipe-off flashcards for my grandbaby.

Seriously, the scarf! Isn't it gorgeous? and when I wear it I will match mini-me's dress!

Thank you Rox!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...