A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Intro to Masterboard Technique Swap Gallery!  (Read 6485 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
anna.wahnsinn
You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more. I shall have to throw out a wing soon. (J.K.Jerome)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2019 09:58:04 AM »

Here are some more that I received!

First from gozer: A great red black and silver butterfly one (with added fortune fish this one tells me I'm in love!)

And then this stunner: pearlescent spirals (those really have some texture!), book pages, purple!

I love this so much!

craftylittlemonkey seems to be using this swap to help me build a paper craft stah or to secretly destash, at least that's what I gather from what she sent:

There is this huge envelope with colour copies of crafted pages (masterboards and a credit card collage, I think?) and fun little card with lots of colourful paint:

A big batch of various scrapbook papers and numerous ephemera (is that the right word? or would that be tags, bows, brads and stuff like that?)

Watercolour card & envelope this reads as a summery sun to me. And I love my funky junk, yay!

And finally the actual masterboard, it's so fascinating and beautiful:

The base is a bingo card, and there are so many different layers, gorgeous clours and paints, and stamps! The top layer is from a sewing pattern, the part where it says to place the pocket is somewhere there, and there are still some stamps on top of that one. This reminds me of the huge fabric papers we made in Asheville, that was loads of fun too made me sign up for this swap actually.

Thank you gozer and craftylittlemonkey, I absolutely love these!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019 10:09:45 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2019 03:51:26 PM »

Ok, explain to me how mail gets to Germany from Canada before the American stuff arrives, what is that all about?!

I swear the requirements of this swap were just for ONE masterboard. I have gone back and read it over and over again so dang many times and still, this is what you get when people are excited about a craft, lol. Multiple beautiful pages.

This soft rainbow with silvery stars is just lovely.

Shades of blue with fleur de lise.

Purple! With Orange!

Thank you Anne, they are delightful Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
BigBangMomma
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2019 04:00:30 PM »

Anne makes beautiful masterboards! Even the "beginners" are not actually "beginners..." So much talent here!

(And, we apparently are unable to read directions, or "one" doesn't mean what we think it does!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster "FAMmunity,"

I love you all.

See you where we all end up!
kartiana
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2019 04:33:39 PM »

(And, we apparently are unable to read directions, or "one" doesn't mean what we think it does!)

Oh I read them just fine, but I decided I was too cool for rules  Cool

Now I have more to share!  Cheesy )I also have some from anna.wahnsinn but I'm having a hard time getting them off my phone so I'll have to post later...)

From gozer:

my fish said I was fickle and false  Cry  but then I had my husband do it and he got the same fortune so I don't feel so bad  Tongue Ha!

Wonderful textures and I love the gold  Smiley

From kbrison:

We must have the same (or similar) gear in our stamping supplies  Cheesy There are so many colors and layers on these I could almost get lost!

From Smmarrt:

These are so bright and happy! I'm not usually drawn to feather motifs but I think that one is my favorite  Cheesy And the extras are so interesting, did they come with the orange and gold on them? I've never seen anything like that

Seriously loving everything I've received so far! Thank you BigBangMomma for hosting, and thank you craftylittlemonkey for introducing me to masterboarding!  Grin

PS: These would be great backgrounds for the ATC Address Book Swap that I just happen to be hosting  Wink Wink Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2019 05:04:19 PM »

Some awesome masterboards here. Fabulous gallery. You've inspired me to have another go tomorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
Smmarrt
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2019 09:45:49 PM »

And the extras are so interesting, did they come with the orange and gold on them? I've never seen anything like that

Joss Paper, also known as ghost or spirit money, are sheets of paper that are burned in traditional Chinese deity or ancestor worship ceremonies during special holidays. Joss paper is also burned in traditional Chinese funerals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kartiana
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2019 09:52:49 PM »

And the extras are so interesting, did they come with the orange and gold on them? I've never seen anything like that

Joss Paper, also known as ghost or spirit money, are sheets of paper that are burned in traditional Chinese deity or ancestor worship ceremonies during special holidays. Joss paper is also burned in traditional Chinese funerals.

Wow! Thank you for the info  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2019 01:55:34 AM »

I posted on the first page and would have sworn that I hit 'notify' so I could see everyone's lovelies. But I've been gone so much that I didn't follow up. I did wonder though why no one was posting to the gallery. Duh! So 6 pages later I've now seen the current crop of goodies and am posting my current collection before - yep! - I leave for another week.

From geekgirl

From gozer

From smmarrt

My envelope from smmarrt

My master boards from smmarrt

From Anna

I love them all and will definitely be ready for round 2 this fall! I'd say more about all the master boards but I'm leaving in just a few hours and I'd really like to get some sleep yet tonight. Thank you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
211/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
kartiana
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2019 12:30:09 PM »

Here are the masterboards from anna.wahnsinn  Cheesy

I love the metallic colors  Cheesy These are really more beautiful in real life, the picture doesn't do them justice. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Release the Craftin'!

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2019 04:00:21 AM »

This gallery makes me so happy. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...