A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Great British Bake Off Swap Gallery  (Read 2923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019 09:47:35 PM »

I received a wonderful package from patty_o_furniture! A display stand, a large magnet (looks scrummy; looks hideous), two glass mugs that have been etched to read "Star Baker", three bars of soap (Mary's Rosace A L'Orange Soap, Paul's Christmas Entremet Soap, and Prue's Raspberry Blancmange Soap), and a thick cookbook that has some wonderful sounding recipes. The soaps look and smell like something you would find in an exclusive specialty shop and exhibit a skill level that I'm far from reaching. They really are almost too nice to use but I can hear CLM and edelc both telling me "use the good beads" so I'm sure I'll break down at some point and use them. But not until I've admired them for a good, long time.

Sorry for the sideways photo of the assembled display stand. I promise I rotated it to an upright position before I posted it but the rotation didn't last. The top two plates are the same size even though they give the impression that the top plate is larger than the middle plate. Isn't the ribbon bow at the top a nice way to finish off the piece?

And two recipes from the cookbook that I thought some of you might like to try.

Just realized that the layering and design of the soaps don't show because I wanted to show the labels. I'll photograph them from the top and add it to my post tomorrow.

Thank you so much, patty_o_furniture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

[email protected]
http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
209/175 in 2019
153/150 in 2018
134/200 in 2017
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019 04:10:09 AM »

Wonderful package! the soaps sound good enough to eat  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please consider shopping the ***CRAFT STAR GARAGE SALE*** on ebay to support our crafty future!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019 09:51:37 AM »

Oh I love everything in this gallery so much!!

Homemade vanilla extract!! And awesome woodburning, ChameleonHound!

Love that patty_o and kbrison sent each other baking stands and recipe books, but I LOVE that "Scrummy/Looks Hideous" magnet!! Well matched, bakers!

Nadiya's little baking station from Missing Willow is perfect!!! I also recognized her peacock straight away!

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!! ( I meant 5 yays that time! Wink ) I'm glad you liked everything sheep!! It is so fun to swap with you. Cheesy

**shakes fist at Candice**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019 03:14:38 PM »

Seriously adorable cake stand.  And Abbee, your candle is flippin' BRILLIANT mate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019 03:16:51 PM »

On Friday I received the most lovely package from PerfectlyBohemian.  Now, before I show you guys all the amazing goodies, you should know, that both of us chose to go nuts on this swap, and we both crafted well beyond the requirements, and then sent tons of fun extras just to make the other smile.  So get ready for a metric ton of photos...

First, a tiny needle felted slice of strawberry cake.  I adore strawberries, and strawberry shortcake, and I just want to take a bit of this little beauty.  But it's wool, so I won't.  I am however going to attach a magnet to the back so it can live on my fridge.

Next, there is the most adorable little kitchen witch!  She's going to live in the kitchen and use her magic to protect our house from Bad Bakes.  Look at her sweet little dress and tiny pointy hat!  And her pretty red hair!  And her teeny tiny whisk!  I utterly adore her.  Cheesy

Of course any good kitchen witch needs a wand.  A spoon wand!  Or even two!  Here are both together:

Detail shot of the yarn wrapping and crystal and painting:

And a detail shot of the second one:

I already hung the witch and the larger spoon wand on the narrow little bit of wall beside the fridge.  Below you can see a dot painting by Abbeeroad, and the beautiful mosaic by sheepBlue on the side of that wall.  (The peach magnet was also made by a Craftster, but I'm not sure who... Perhaps Missing Willow?)

I know that PB has a love of enamel pins, and shopping for her for this swap had me looking at (and buying) more pins to add to my own collection, which she had asked to see.  I sent her a pic of mine, all displayed on a board in my studio, and she noted that it was getting full.  So she made me two more boards!  And included a few pins from her own hoard collection, and a few new ones.  The strawberry board contains a basket of strawberries, and a strawberry macaron.  The striped board contains Finn & Jake from Adventure Time, 'Maker' in a pretty font, a Gryffindor crest, and 'Living My Best Life', which is something I kept saying when we were all out on our beer crawl through Asheville, and PB was having a grand time shopping for goodies.   Cheesy

She sent an AWESOME cookbook from the Pieminister.  I'm already reading it.  (I read cookbooks as though they were novels.  Page at a time, cover to cover, even if I'm not looking for a specific recipe.  I'm odd.)

She sent LOTS of stickers, including some D&D stickers for my husband, some nice felt tip pens, and a cute little strawberry patch.

Meanwhile everything was wrapped in tea towels.  I've got a bunch more in my collection now!

Check out the card she sent!  I freakin' love it.  I'm thinking of framing it and adding it to the kitchen decor as well.   Grin

And then finally, as though that weren't enough, we get to her BIG project.  And big is really not a big enough word to describe this creation... My very own baking witch hat!  It couldn't be more ME if it tried.  A lovely purple hat, that she both wet felted and needle felted.  Containing adorable slices of strawberry cake, and sliced berries, pretty ribbons & baking twine, an embroidered mini-bunting, and even a swirl in the crown, as though the confection were piped into creation. 

Details of the cake and berries:

Detail of the tiny bunting:

I wore it all through date night on Friday night.  While we were curled up watching a sci-fi movie.  I wore it while I did dishes and wiped down counters today.  I'm thinking of making myself an apron to match it.  Also, trying to figure out where to keep it on the rare occasion it's not being worn in the kitchen.  In my studio, so I can wear it while crafting too?  Down in the kitchen, on its own cake stand pedestal, reigning over my kitchen from the top of the bookcase?  It must be protected from puppies and splatters of grease at all costs!  It must be protected from other kitchen witches who might wish to use it to prevent soggy bottoms!  Perhaps an undetectable secrecy sensor spell? 

Darling PB, thank you so much for the most wonderful swap I've done in years.  It was so much fun crafting for you, and it was a joy to unwrap each little jewel in my giant box of goodies.  I will treasure each and every one of them.   Kiss Kiss Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019 05:08:54 PM »

Oh my goodness! Look at this gallery! I was so distracted by making so many practice witch hats that I haven't been checking in and missed the gallery page :x

sheep, I love the tissue box cover - so cute and functional! The bunting is absolutely amazing handiwork, and the prayer card is super hilarious.

Chameleon, I love that star baker box and the cutting board! They're both so cool. Love the quotes and sweet little bunting on the mug, too Smiley

Kbrison, awesome cake stands, and so cool that you found a Mary Berry cookbook! Love the variety of backs in the recipes book too!

Abbee, omg, that prayer candle. I'm dying. So fantastic!

MW, your miniatures are so freaking awesome as always! I love that showstopper, too!

Patty, the cake stand is so pretty! I love that it flattens for storage. So handy!

Jennie, I'm glad you caught the reason for me getting you the "best life" pin Grin Glad you enjoyed everything!! It was so freaking fun making your package Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
PerfectlyBohemian
Fiber Arts Moderator

Ooooo... Stickers!

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2019 05:52:13 PM »

Aaaand now for what I received from Jennie!! She sent sooo many things and they are all so terrific. Everything was wrapped so lovely like little pastries from a bake shop in gingham tissue paper and ribbon and bakers twine.

She embroidered a very beautiful tea towel with all the bakes you could possibly imagine. The stitching on this lovely piece is SO NEAT and the back is too!

She crocheted the most beautiful dragon egg dice bag in "cupcake" silk yarn. It's the prettiest thing in my D&D bag now!

She made an insanely long, super intricate, paper Union Jack bunting for me! It is insanely long and I can't wait to find it a spot in our home because it's so lovely! I love the variety of papers and the soft colors. It's super lovely and aallll miiiine.

The next thing she made was the sweetest (hehe) crocheted rhubarb pie hot pad. It's so perfect! I love it. Cheesy

She also sent a jar of her homemade Strawberry Elderflower jam with a doily she made on the lid. (Bebop approves).

And two boxes of "macaron" soaps! Macarons are my most favorite baked good of all time and these smell so heavenly. There was also a jar of vanilla sugar scrub to go along with the bath and body themed treats:

AND THEN there was a huge set of wine charms in a rainbow of colors and all with a different tasty baked good or baking tool!

She also sent a donut themed kitchen towel (that I happened to have been eyeing at Target already Wink ) covered in enamel pins!!!!! Like... so many pins (I only have a "small" collection - seen in the background of the pin shot :x). And a teeny macaron container with another pin inside, vanilla macaron Tazo tea, and strawberry socks! I feel super super spoiled and this was suuuuch a fun swap <3

Thanks so much for the freaking amazing package, Jennie, and thank you sooo much for organizing, sheep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019 04:03:02 AM »

I love EVERYTHING! The witches hat, the macaron soaps (if you didn't say anything, I'd swear they were real!), the embroidered dishcloth, magic kitchen spoons! You both are amazing  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please consider shopping the ***CRAFT STAR GARAGE SALE*** on ebay to support our crafty future!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019 06:55:37 AM »

You know how when you watch a GBBO episode from early in the season, and you can just tell who's going to be in the final? That's how I feel looking at the packages from PB and MJ!

How on Earth (given the same amount of time as the rest of us) did you ladies do all that?!?! You both rock the socks.

That HAT!! So epic, PB!! And so perfect for Jennie! I also LOVE the spoon wands...and I love seeing them displayed with other Craftster swag. Cheesy OF COURSE you sent stickers and enamel pins, lol.

AMAZING embroidery, Jennie, but those SOAPS?!?!? What? So perfect and tiny!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019 08:10:00 AM »

Lol.  Cheesy The soaps do look impressive, but they were possibly the easiest item in the swap package.  I bought a mold for them on Amazon.  It makes 6 soaps per batch.  (If I was going to do more of them, I'd consider getting a second mold to do more at a time.)  Chop up some goats milk melt & pour soap, about 1/4 of which you will leave white, and 3/4 of which you will tint and scent.  The 'hard' part is just waiting for one layer to set up, before you can heat up & pour on the next layer.  I had all the stuff out on my kitchen counter for about 4 days.  Every time I'd go into the kitchen, I'd just add another layer, and come back later, while doing other things.  Out of a 2lb block of soap I think I got about 39 macarons, and one larger lump of leftover soap that had been already tinted and scented.  (I forgot to put aside 1/4 for 'filling', and had too much 'cookie'.) 

PB, I can't remember if I warned you in the card or not, but I'd save the vanilla latte soaps for your hands.  They have coarse ground coffee grinds as the 'vanilla bean specks', and true to their name, they are in fact coarse.  Great for scrubbing hands, but a bit scratchy on more delicate areas. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...