A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Color for the Heater Control  (Read 440 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 04, 2019 12:05:12 PM »

I have this thing where I don't like my outlets, switches, etc. to stand out from the walls they are on, particularly if I've spent a bunch of time and effort into doing something special with the walls. I'm working on an indigo blue finish in a room in my house and decided to paint the things I couldn't find already in made in dark blue! Here are a new phone jack and the heater control. They're a little dusty, because we are bathing in pine pollen these days.

The crafty bit was using my circle cutter to make a mask out of contact paper for the heater control dial.

I also did the central vacuum port... which is not connected to a vacuum, so it's just a legacy in the house, at least for now.

Here are the switches and outlets that came in dark blue. The walls are not even closed to finished in this pic!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy
Pinterest
My Etsy: Bubble Off Plumb Productions

'16 FPs: 50
'17 FPs: 72
'18 FPs: 89
'19 FPs: 67
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019 05:51:37 PM »

Those look so pro and that's a great colour too. It's so fun being about to dip into crafty affairs for practical projects, I have to say I do that quite a bit around the house and garden.
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project, I'm curious about what sort of room you could be doing up all in that shade of indigo...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Always use the good beads, the good fabric and the good yarn. Life is too short to leave it waiting in stash." ~ Edel C

I'm not online as much as I used to be, don't panic if it takes a while for me to reply to things Smiley.
TheMistressT
There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019 10:14:10 AM »

Thanks! The room is on it's way to being a library, but will also still have to function as my crafting/sewing studio for awhile yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

CameronRobertson
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019 06:12:43 PM »

Wouldn't have it been simpler to just spray paint it the same colour as your walls? But then again, there's a different sort of satisfaction when you print something out just how you like it instead of having to get out there and hunt for the thing that you need...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
TheMistressT

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019 06:16:41 AM »

Wouldn't have it been simpler to just spray paint it the same colour as your walls? But then again, there's a different sort of satisfaction when you print something out just how you like it instead of having to get out there and hunt for the thing that you need...

It is spray painted the same color as the walls. Nothing was printed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...